need some input

/ need some input #1  

quackaddict

Silver Member
Snook, Texas by way of the South Carolina Lowcount
Tractor
Kubota B2920
Hey guys. i'm new here and wanted some input on yanmars. i'm looking at a ym2500 or 2310D. actually anything between the 27-ish to 35-ish HP will work, those are just the models that the dealer i am looking at has right now, which is RCO out of Austin. if anyone could give me some +'s or -'s on yanmars OR has anything to add about RCO, i would appreciate it.

oh, i'm going to be using it on 5 acres with a bush hog, finishing mower, loader, box blade, post hole digger, and tiller...probably not all at the same time though :D

/ need some input #2  
I can tell you this, the Guys at RCO are stand up people. You can tell them Mark in Gun Barrel City said hello. I have a Yanmar dealer 5 miles away and one about 30 miles away, I chose to drive 430 miles round trip to purchase one from them. They are very knowledgeable about Yanmars and they are recon'd here in the USA. There are others that recon'd in Vietnam that are junk. I don't know anything about the model you mentioned but I bought a 1610d which is a 3cyl 4x4. I would definitly recommend a 4 wheel drive though.

Mark

/ need some input #4  
4wd comes in handy a lot, especially with a loader. Any model with a D on end is a 4x4. If I ever upgraded to a larger machine it still would be 4x4. That 2310D looks like a nice machine and its a 3cyl, they are smoother running, although some here on the forum prefer the clackity clack of the 2 cyl. The shift on the go feature is also very handy. I don't care for the YM2210D, thats just my opinion. Also Yanmar sold and I believe still sell engines to John Deere. I met a guy delivering a new Large John Deere and told him I had a Yanmar, he said they still sell engines to Deere. These Yanmars are workhorses. I look for things to do with mine. The loader is great for unloading 80lbs sacks of concrete and I used mine this weekend to unload a 409 Chevrolet engine.

/ need some input
they do still make engines for JD. I talked with a sales rep and got some literature on them a week ago, and all of the 2000/3000 series i KNOW still use yanmars. glad you mentioned that about the 2 vs 3cyl. I was wondering what the differences would be. thanks again for your help

/ need some input #6  
my uncle has a JD 4000 series from eary 2000 time frame with a 3 cyl and producing about 33-35 hp not sure which and it is a yanmar engine.

/ need some input #8  
Out of the 2 models you mentioned I would hands down go with the 2310D. if your looking at the YM2500 for the extra HP, step up and go with a 2610D. You will get the powershift with that model and the 4x4, both of which you will appreciate when doing loader work.