Hydraulic problems YM187

/ Hydraulic problems YM187 #1  

Whiskey

Platinum Member
Tractor
YM 187 Yanmar / JD 790
OK, bear with me this is my first post and if it sound's like I have no clue what i'm talking about it's because I don't /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif my 4' bush hog will come up all on it's own there is a set pin on the hydraulic guide and if it happons to pop past that I'll be mowing along and look behind me the mower is off the ground. Even with the tractor off and the hydraulic lever in the down position if you tap it with a finger it springs straight up to the back of the guide, so I would assume that something under the seat in the little do-hickys that operate this lever is not holding
If anyone out there would have an idea or something I could try (even though I said do-hicky I'm not that bad with a wrench in my hands....really I swear!!!)

Thanks
Whiskey

/ Hydraulic problems YM187 #2  
Sounds like you need to tighten friction on lever.If it has a bolt with a spring on guide,tighten nut until it stays where you set it.If there is no adjustment on guide then check where shaft that lever attaches to goes into housing.There should be 2 nuts on shaft.Outer 1 is lock.Loosen lock nut and tighten inner nut until lever stays in set position.Retighten lock and you're done.

/ Hydraulic problems YM187
TBrad:
Sorry it has taken me so long to say thanks for your imput. I mowed the pasture last weekend and did what you said, worked like a champ!!!!!

Thanks
Whiskey