Yanmars are going to cost more real soon

/ Yanmars are going to cost more real soon #1  

YanmarFever

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010C- Branson 4520r- 5520C- Yanmar FX235-D - Bad Boy rogue mower
The way the yen is dropping and the dollar being devalued less every day, us dealers have to pay more for the machines.

We just received a container here that cost us more than at any other time in the last 12 years!

I remember the yen at 124 to the dollar, where as today its at 89

Im beginning to wonder if its still worth importing them.

Nice tractors, but boy were they spendy !!:mad:

Ernies Imports

/ Yanmars are going to cost more real soon #2  
All good things come to an end....unfortunately.

If the prices for a UTDA Yanmar with FEL get any higher it would be foolish for any consumer to purchase when they can go with a NEW orange or green for the same $ and get the 3 year warranty.

/ Yanmars are going to cost more real soon #3  
The way the yen is dropping and the dollar being devalued less every day, us dealers have to pay more for the machines.

We just received a container here that cost us more than at any other time in the last 12 years!

I remember the yen at 124 to the dollar, where as today its at 89

Im beginning to wonder if its still worth importing them.

Nice tractors, but boy were they spendy !!:mad:

Ernies Imports

When I was in Japan some years back, 360 yens = $1.00.

/ Yanmars are going to cost more real soon #4  
When I was in Japan some years back, 360 yens = $1.00.

I remember when 4 wedge slices of a yam equal 1 whole sweet potato :D

If the the cost of importing tractors are going up, thus will pass cost onto the consumers, then the folks buying the most recent imported tractors
will be agreeing to and help encouraging inflated cost, One would think? that the tractors already over here would be selling first instead at a much lower cost before any of the newly imported tractors will,
but the way I see it and will most likely happen,
the tractors already over here will increase in their value simply because of the new shipments,

/ Yanmars are going to cost more real soon #5  
This may shift the advantage to Korea over Japan, if Korea's exchange rate doesn't decline like Japan's. Anybody want a Kioti? :) Mahindra? :) Pretty good tractors and a new one might be priced same as a late used Yanmar.

/ Yanmars are going to cost more real soon #6  
If the the cost of importing tractors are going up, thus will pass cost onto the consumers, then the folks buying the most recent imported tractors
will be agreeing to and help encouraging inflated cost, One would think? that the tractors already over here would be selling first instead at a much lower cost before any of the newly imported tractors will,
but the way I see it and will most likely happen,
the tractors already over here will increase in their value simply because of the new shipments,

I agree with you and this will more then likely happen. I priced a "new" Yanmar 2310D with Koyker FEL and was quoted 12k, I can buy a new orange or green for close to that price w/ 3 year warranty, so the prices are already to high for me ever to consider buying a 20-30 yr old Yanmar again, except the random used by owner deals you can run across on craigslist.

Im just curious as to where the Yanmars would end up if US Importers stopped because of the expense, The Japanese Exporters would hurt as well and there would be a ton of perfectly good yannies rusting away. so sad....

I just wish you could buy Yanmars straight out the container from a dealer, untouched, no UTDA accessories, no paint, nothing, but that isn't going to happen, I have tried.

/ Yanmars are going to cost more real soon #7  
I expect the used Yanmars will now be sold cheap to the nearby poorer countries that have similar agriculture, ie Vietnam, Thailand, etc, since they are priced out of the market here.

/ Yanmars are going to cost more real soon #8  
Smoody;1864603 I just wish you could buy Yanmars straight out the container from a dealer said:
Sure you can.... just got to know where to look