home built FEL

/ home built FEL #1  

Chuck U&R

Tractor
Yanmar YM2000
Anybody build their own FEL ?

I'm a fair to good fabricator, mig, tig, plasma, lathe, etc,......

I've found two places that sell plans - CADPlans & p.f.engineering.
Any others out there ?

I'm interested in hearing any first hand experience good or bad about these company's and their products.

/ home built FEL #2  
Chuck, If you figure it out let me know and you can build me one. If you haven't read my latest post, the "deal" I found got sold from under me:mad:

/ home built FEL #3  
Wasn't Me Smoody!! But I did talk to the Guy. He done you a favor anyways. You just don't know it,when he answered a couple of questions at 11.30. He was planning on weighting until 1.30. I don't buy it that he sold it. Basicly the bucket isn't even worth a !!!!!!

Carey

/ home built FEL #4  
Anybody build their own FEL ?

I'm a fair to good fabricator, mig, tig, plasma, lathe, etc,......

I've found two places that sell plans - CADPlans & p.f.engineering.
Any others out there ?

I'm interested in hearing any first hand experience good or bad about these company's and their products.

I'm barely ahead of you. I bought P.F. Engineering's plans and going to build a fel. I'm going to beef up some of the members a bit. He has recommendations for beefing it up for cuts. I like his plans. I have a thread I started and will be posting progress but haven't really started yet.

P.S. Here's my thread if you want to check it out as time goes by:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1873537#post1873537

/ home built FEL #5  
I built the CadPlans small FEL about 9-10 years ago. I used the kit from the supplier on their website. Reinforced the hole area for the main arms. Use the recommended cylinders as tolerances are somewhat tight. The biggest lesson is to keep the front arms as close to front of tractor as possible. Do this by shortening the main arms or changing the angle of the bucket arms.

Since this was my first big welding exercise some of my welds were not pretty but they functioned. A grinder can be your best friend.

Mount the pieces on the tractor as you fab and tack weld. Then adjust (that grinder thing again) to keep them aligned. It is easy for the pieces to rack as you do final welding, so weld in short lengths on opposing sides.

If you don't like the appearance or apparent strength of a piece, beef it up. It's your loader.

Oh, and don't set your tractor on fire while final welding. Don't ask how I know!

/ home built FEL #7  
Nice. My point exactly you would probably be doing the same amount of work just to make it work. The Typical Ghetto Rig :p. Not counting how many times it breaks trying to use it. And Reghetto.rig the ghetto rig. At about the same cost if not cheaper Time and money. And yes the bucket is trash.

Carey

/ home built FEL #8  
Built this loader for a Deere 4110. No plans.. just sizes from my head. Cost was a bit over $800 for materials. Lifts 8' high and responds well with the machines internal hydraulic pump. It has a Yanmar engine so part of it belongs here !

Attachments

• 098.jpg
    098.jpg
    661.5 KB · Views: 527
   / home built FEL #9  
Wow! Gorgeous!

That looks a lot better than the ready-to-install loaders. Maybe you could sell plans.

/ home built FEL #10  
Check out the workmanship!! That is as good as it gets.Very Nice job,my point exactly on this thread .You would spend more trying to fix it,just as well trash it and start over. Just what I figured for 150.00$ that sounds about like what it would bring in salvage scrap metal,Maybe :rolleyes:

Carey