How to get more bucket curl?

/ How to get more bucket curl? #1  

Trkrd

Silver Member
Tractor
YM240D
I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to get a bit more back curl in their bucket. The pic in my avatar has it curled back as far as it will go with hyd. cylinders flat against the FEL arms. Thought maybe someone here may have fabricated something or knows a trick to get it back some more when in the down position. Would make "low & slow" easier without dropping stuff on the way.

/ How to get more bucket curl?
By the way it is a YFL240 loader.

/ How to get more bucket curl? #3  
Move/replace the cylinders.

/ How to get more bucket curl? #4  
If the cylinders are flat with the FEL arms the only way to get more curl would be to move the bucket pivot point forward. That would most likely require fabricating new mounts.

/ How to get more bucket curl? #5  
i cut a 'V' section from the pivot plates that go from the arms/ cylinders to the bucket so now when it sits on the ground the bucket edge is about 2" off the ground, not flat.

/ How to get more bucket curl?
Have any pics?

/ How to get more bucket curl? #7  
I have pondered this question myself and the conclusion I have come to is that I will need to convert to the compound linkage. The compound linkage allows full dump and curl angles. My tractor curl cylinder attaches directly to the bucket or quick attach. The compound linkage has a pivot linkage that your cylinder attaches to and then another link to the bucket.