Industrial tires-- experience/opinions?

/ Industrial tires-- experience/opinions? #1  

oldgrayfellow

Hi

My 186d needs new tires, and i'm considering the merits of setting it up with industrial tread tires (as in the attached photo).

I'd like something that could give good traction when needed in loose dirt, but also that would not be as hard on grass as typical ag bar treads.

I don't need the ultimate in traction, nor do i mind a little marking of the grass, but would like something in the middle.

Am wondering if this type of tread would fill the bill?
Anybody got thoughts on this?

(As for availability in the diameters needed for maintaining correct F/R ratios, it seems tires are available to do this for the 186d, IF you're willing to adapt 16.5" skid steer rims to the Yanmar hubs for the back. )

Attachments

• industrial tires.jpg
    industrial tires.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 194
   / Industrial tires-- experience/opinions? #2  
In short, there are a few hundred threads on R4 tires here.

Do you see the search feature above? It looks like this.

Main Index | Search | My Home | Who's Online | FAQ | Log Out | Mark All Read

You will find enough threads on R4 and R4 versus Ags or turfs to last a life time. R4 are tough. R4 is a compromise tire. R4 are sexy. R4 does not have the grip of an Ag(R1) R4 slightly lessens the turf damage. Nutshell recap.

And Welcome to the TBN forum!!! Good to have you aboard.

/ Industrial tires-- experience/opinions? #3  
I have put them on Yanmars, but currently I have them on my Iseki. I have added fronts since this picture. For Yard work they are fine. I don't use my Iseki for much heavy work so I have been happy. I got Hey Wheel to make my rims.

Attachments

• Iseki Wide 2.jpg
    Iseki Wide 2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 303
   / Industrial tires-- experience/opinions? #4  
Any tires that will fit your rims will work fine on a 4wd.

/ Industrial tires-- experience/opinions? #5  
We use a light truck mud tire on our turf tire kits

Yanmar Tractor Turf Tire and Wheel Kit

TTK-1500.jpg

It gets very impressive traction in almost all situations and is easy on the yard. Something else to consider... and they are a LOT cheaper than R4 tires :)

Aaron
Hoye Tractor Parts
Contact Us
(940)592-0181

/ Industrial tires-- experience/opinions? #6  
If I remember right, some Yanmars can use 6 bolt Chevy rims. Those can be available wide enough for an R4 or a truck mud tire.