new guy new tractor

/ new guy new tractor #1  

roon

Tractor
NH TC40DA & YANMAR 3110
Hey guys bought my first Yanmar today for 800 bucks. It had been sitting for over a year and put a battery in it and drove it on the trailer and brought it home. Has a loader on it that I will take off so I can get into the corners of my arena better with the arena drag. So if any one wants it? But I was going to do a "work" day on the tractor tomorrow and need to get a battery, fluids, and filters. I have never had a yanmar before but I do have a 2009 tc40da that is a rockstar. I was wondering if you guys thought there was anything else I should do besides draining the fuel in the tank and putting fresh diesel, changing fuel filter, changing oil and oil filter. I will also need a better battery this one was just a little car battery and didnt want to start it. Any recomendations on CCA and battery size? Thanks a bunch and get used to seeing me around now that I found this place.

/ new guy new tractor #3  
Welcome to TBN..enjoy.:)
We all like pics.;)

/ new guy new tractor
What kind of loader? What type Yanmanr Price??

I guess its a yanmar loader I didnt see any marking or words on it like the normal koyker or vtek loaders. It looks to be as old as the tractor so Im guessing it came on it. I will snap some pics of the tractor before I take the loader off today and post them up.

And for price just make a offer.

/ new guy new tractor #5  
Hi Roon,

Welcome to the forum!

Which model/size of tractor did you buy, and do you know the year? Is it red or green?
The fluid and filter changes you mentioned are good for a start. You might also check the oil level in the front axle (if it is a 4wd tractor), and grease all the zerks on the tractor. If you suspect the hydraulics are working a bit slow, you might want to check and clean the hydraulic screen (requires draining the fluid).

I'd be interested in the loader, but it would help me determine the loader size if you could tell me what model of tractor you bought (e.g. YM1500, YM1510d, YM186d, YM240, etc)
Of course, if you do find any info about model of the loader itself, that would also answer the question.

Thanks, and again, welcome to the forum!

/ new guy new tractor #6  
if you were in the south id jump on that loader. Time and fuel would eat me up going to get it though!:laughing:

/ new guy new tractor #7  
Welcome.......to the forum.
I recently bought a Yanmar.....great tractor. I replaced all fluids and filters.....including oil, air, trans., hyd. for the FEL, front axle and radiator. When changing trans. fluid.......clean the screen as well as put on a new filter. Grease everything.....there's lots of zerks. If you know the model....there are manuals available. Parts are easy to get.....I use Hoye Tractor.....they're good to deal with. Have fun!

/ new guy new tractor #8  
Roon has a 3110 Yanmar. I just read it on another post. He got it for $800!!!

/ new guy new tractor
Yup got it for 800 bucks I didnt really need it but for that cheap I couldnt pass it by. Today I got the front end loader off and got the fluids and filters changed bleed fuel lines new battery and it runs like a top. This is my first yanmar tractor and I was surprised at how smooth they run. The only thing I have left to day is take off a bracket thats still on the front from the loader and put a exhaust on it. The part the bolts to the manifold was really rusted and cracked in a few spots so I will just build a new one that goes out the top. Here she is........ Any ideas on what she is worth? 2600 hours but the tach and hour meter dont work anymore.

yanmar.jpg

/ new guy new tractor #10  
Welcome to TBN. I don't know what it's worth, but I'm willing to bet it's more than $800. Nice find. As for service, if it's been sitting for any period of time, I'ld recommend also changing the hydraulic oil and filter.