Hydraulic Fluid Change - YM2001

/ Hydraulic Fluid Change - YM2001 #1  

Smoody

Platinum Member
Tractor
YM226D
I need to change the hydraulic/trans fluid in my YM2001, I have changed fluids on other yanmar models but first time for this one and there are 2 drain bolts on the rear? which one to use or both? also i don't have a 3 bolt triangle plate where the hydro screen is, I do have a 2 bolt circle plate on the rear side of the frame, would that be the screen location? I would like to confirm before I start...I can get a picture this evening if no one knows right off..

Thanks

/ Hydraulic Fluid Change - YM2001 #2  
Yes, it is the circular 2 bolt plate on the lower left side on that model. I think you will not get ALL of the old oil out unless you remove both drain plugs.

Aaron
Hoye Tractor Parts
Contact Us
(940)592-0181

/ Hydraulic Fluid Change - YM2001 #3  
Here is a picture from the owner's manual.

Aaron
Hoye Tractor Parts
Contact Us
(940)592-0181

Attachments

• 2001.jpg
    2001.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 220
   / Hydraulic Fluid Change - YM2001
Thanks Aaron, the pic is exact. however I purchased a manual for this tractor from you guys and that pic is not in it? has the manual changed? the one sent to me was for YM276 which at the time may have been the closest match?

One more question, there are also some smaller drain screws close to the large drain bolts, what are those for?

/ Hydraulic Fluid Change - YM2001 #5  
My guess is that you either ordered way back before we had the 2001 operation manual finished or you are looking in the service manual (no service manuals are in print for the gray market models). The 2001 operation manual has not changed.

I'm not entirely sure what those other plugs might be for. They could be plugs to cover holes needed to drill something out in the housing further up. Maybe for a shift rail or something. Just a guess.

Aaron
Hoye Tractor Parts
Contact Us
(940)592-0181

/ Hydraulic Fluid Change - YM2001 #6  
my bell housing has a tiny pipe type plug that is used to drain the bell housing of oil or water, i think i may have one in the back somewhere also, brakes maybe? ive got a 2000

My guess is that you either ordered way back before we had the 2001 operation manual finished or you are looking in the service manual (no service manuals are in print for the gray market models). The 2001 operation manual has not changed.

I'm not entirely sure what those other plugs might be for. They could be plugs to cover holes needed to drill something out in the housing further up. Maybe for a shift rail or something. Just a guess.

Aaron
Hoye Tractor Parts
Contact Us
(940)592-0181

It has been 2+ years ago if not longer, and it is the operations manual for YM276. Not a big deal I know what I need to know now. Thanks again

Just to finish out this thread, I changed the Fluid today in the YM2001.

Aaron you were right on about the 2 drain plugs, each emptied exactly half of a 5 gallon bucket, the screen was surprisingly clean, just a few sludge spots.

Thanks again for the help....