Looking to buy small Yanmar Tractor in Georgia

/ Looking to buy small Yanmar Tractor in Georgia #1  

Alpocat

Hello Everyone,
I'm getting ready to purchase a tractor within the next few months. I've noticed that there seems to be quite a few fellow Georgians here and it seems several folks have bought from Steve at Spaulding Tractor. I really like the idea of his "Tractor Special", but I'm afraid that I would outgrow the YM2000. It's not the power or necessarily the size of the tractor that concerns me, it's the weight and the lack of 4-wheel drive.

I'm not sure that I would ever need 4-wheel drive, but I would like the opportunity to use ground engaging 4 foot implements without worry. I also have a pretty hilly terrain around my house that 4-wheel would help with. I think I might want a loader one of these days and I have read that 4x4 really helps when you have one.

I only have 2 mostly wooded acres where I live and most of the tractors use will be keeping that clean. Innitially, I'll need to move a couple of short piles of dirt that was left when I built the house. After that, brush cutting would be the main use of the tractor. I also want to be able to haul the tractor to my hunting property a couple of hours away to plant food plots and keep the roads cut.

My big question is this... Is there another model of tractor that Spalding can get that would better suit my needs for approximately the same price as the YM2000? I would be willing to spend a little more for 4x4.

Thanks in advance,
Alan

/ Looking to buy small Yanmar Tractor in Georgia #2  
Steve posted that he has a YM2210 w/loader just yesterday for a decent price.It has powershift which will be handy with the loader.

/ Looking to buy small Yanmar Tractor in Georgia #3  
with only 2 acres you may look at the 1500, but if your worried the 2000 will not have enough umph you might steer away. The 1500 as a smaller tractor in 4wd will be almost equal to a 2000 2wd. but my 2000 with almost no weight other than say 80lbs up front has no trouble with my 4 ft disk harrow, 4wd probly would make 5 footers dooable for ground equiptment with the 2000. The 2000 can bushhog your entire 2 acres in no time so i would not worry about that, and unless you plat like 3 or more acres i would not worry about a 2000 being to small, if ground has been broken in the past you should have no trouble with 2 passes of your harrow.

/ Looking to buy small Yanmar Tractor in Georgia
Thanks for the replies gentlemen.

A couple more (for now :) ) general questions. How negotiable are dealers from their advertised prices? Also how much would 4x4 add to the out the door price?

/ Looking to buy small Yanmar Tractor in Georgia #5  
From my recent inquiry they are not moving much on price, 4x4 I would think no more then $1,000, I could be way off.

if you are handy with a wrench you will save quite a bit of $$$ if you try to locate a for sale by owner machine. These can be risky if you don't know what to look for.

/ Looking to buy small Yanmar Tractor in Georgia #7  
Steve posted that he has a YM2210 w/loader just yesterday for a decent price.It has powershift which will be handy with the loader.

Yes, I like your suggestion...stronger, heavier, not much more money... and Pshift is nice.

YM2000 is a mighty fine unit too.

Fredrick's in N. Alabama may be close enough too. I was talking with Tom the other day and he's got 2000D's and I think maybe some 2210's too...not sure.

/ Looking to buy small Yanmar Tractor in Georgia #8  
i have a 1500 and run it on 3 acres with 4 ft implements and a 5 ft grading blade. the land is quite hilly but since changing the ribbed front tyres to R1s even when very wet and muddy it has made a huge difference to its traction. i also initially was looking at a 1500D but ended up with the 2WD only. i can run the slasher all over the hills with basically no problems unless one of the rear wheels drops in a hole then i have to jump on the diff lock. only slight worry is when running on side slopes it can feel a little unstable but i also have a FEL on it so that just adds to it. otherwise it has more than enough power to do what i require and am more than happy with the 1500.

/ Looking to buy small Yanmar Tractor in Georgia #9  
I'm in Ga. My YM2000 has been good after I made all the fairly minor repairs to it. I mainly use it to Mow and little tilling. If it was me I wouldn't put a FEL on it esp. for only 2 acres. You can Rent a large Bob cat in my area For 150.00 a day and then just use a box blade to finish up which I have a 4ft. I have a fel. on my Ford IMO there is just not enough Hp. for me to even think about one and needs on my Yanmar. And still would be touching up with a BB. Oh dang no ROP's and the tiller was from Fredricks which ended up not a very good deal at all.

Carey

Attachments

• tractor%2520010[1][1].jpg
    tractor%2520010[1][1].jpg
    755.1 KB · Views: 1,027
  • tractor%252520022[1][1][1].jpg
    tractor%252520022[1][1][1].jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 282
   / Looking to buy small Yanmar Tractor in Georgia
Thanks for the comments guys! I've got a lot to think about now. I think I might have to go look at some tractors in person to get a better handle on everything.

I definitely would travel to Fredricks if I need to. He's about 4 hours away, but if the price is right, I might do that. That's the first I've heard about Tullahoma. It looks like they have a good selection. Has anyone dealt with them personally? I guess they don't solely have UTDA tractors, right? If I bought a non-UTDA, I would add ROPS and an overrun clutch. What else does UTDA vertification give to me?