Comparison Powershift

/ Powershift #1  

rmully

Gold Member
Tractor
YM 2020
Is powershift worth the extra money and does having it a cause for more mechanical problems down the road ?? Also what do you guys think of a YM2000 vs. a YM2010 ..if you had to choose which would you buy?

Thanks
Robert

/ Powershift #2  
The power-shift is worth the money if you're considering a FEL.

The YM2010 is an excellent tractor and the largest two cylinder Yanmar ever produced in the YM series.

/ Powershift #3  
Is powershift worth the extra money and does having it a cause for more mechanical problems down the road ?? Also what do you guys think of a YM2000 vs. a YM2010 ..if you had to choose which would you buy?

Thanks
Robert

Both are good tractors, I would take the YM2010 3cyl power shift over the YM2000 2 cyl gear drive.

Danny

/ Powershift #4  
mark777, sure glad to see you post again, hope it is a regular event. And as the dumbest one to post so far, yes the powershift is worth the money.

/ Powershift #5  
I sure do like my powershift. So much so that it would hard to imagine not getting it if I had the choice.

/ Powershift #6  
Best feature of my tractor besides the diesel engine wouldnt have it any other way now.

I really like the fact I dont have to stop the attachment by pushing in the clutch to move forward or reverse.

Steve

/ Powershift #7  
Welcome to the forum. I agree with the other folks.....powershift is worth every penny. I am a relatively new tractor owner.....have driven several in the past but never owned one. I am so glad my 186D has powershift. Makes life real easy with my FEL, saves the clutch. Make sure you have clean fluid......my tractor takes JD 303 or regular Dextron 3 trans. fluid works well. Keep your screen cleaned, make sure your filter is good.....have fun!:thumbsup:

/ Powershift
Thanks everyone ... Powershift it is. One last question ...what is the difference between a YM2010 and a YM2210 all i can see is the the 2010 is 3 cylinder must be more that i don't see.

/ Powershift #9  
The 2010 has the 3t82b engine rated at 23hp, built in 80-81, weighs 1920lbs. The 2210 has the 2t90 engine rated at 25hp, built in 77, weighs 2085 lbs.