Tires Yanmar 187D with turf tires and OEM MMM

/ Yanmar 187D with turf tires and OEM MMM #1  

Tinkerman

Tractor
Yanmar 187D/4WD
What a great web site! I initially found TBN when I was searching the 'net for some info on a scoop. We have recently purchased a new (to us) home which necessitated the purchase of a compact tractor. I got my Yanmar 187D about 3 months ago and am delighted with it, so I thought I'd introduce myself and my tractor to the Yanmar group.

I'm not sure if the turf tires are original to the tractor or not...the MMM is a Yanmar product. Based on some other postings, I think the seat may be an after-market upgrade. I hope I've attached a picture (with my carry all and my "branch barrel" -- a lot of trees to mow under)

Attachments I have:
3PT carry all
Front mount time dethatcher
Lawn vacuum system (separate engine/tow behind)
Loggin' forks for moving around logs

Planning to get:
6' grading blade to push snow & dirt
24" scoop

Questions:
1. With the 4wd, do you feel that I could push snow up an 8-10 degree slope on a concrete driveway without chains? (the garage is at a lower level to the driveway)
2. I have only seen 30" scoops at TSC, but have read your recommendations for a 24"...Is there a suggested source of supply for the 24"?

Thanks in advance. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 49-188576-lilred.JPG
    49-188576-lilred.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 568
   / Yanmar 187D with turf tires and OEM MMM #2  
Great tractor Tinkerman i own a YM187 that is 2wd with turf tires.Turf tires on the YM187Dwhere a option according to the owners manual.Suggest you purdhase a operation manual.Have only seen a few postings on YM187's and i think we are in the minority.If you need some info i have a operation manual and a service manual and it covers both theYM187 & YM187D.

/ Yanmar 187D with turf tires and OEM MMM
Thanks bigE4evr for the info on the tires -- I think I'll follow up with the guy I bought it from and see if he has the op manual. How much pressure are you running in the back turf tires? The sidewall says 20 psi max, but that're real bouncy.

Tks,

/ Yanmar 187D with turf tires and OEM MMM #4  
Tinkerman manual says 12lb min.&24lb max. in front tires and 12lb min.&20lb max. in rears.

/ Yanmar 187D with turf tires and OEM MMM #5  
That's a big can of beer you've got on the back of that tractor. How do you keep it cold?

/ Yanmar 187D with turf tires and OEM MMM #6  
And what kind of fluid transfer system do you use for the beer???

/ Yanmar 187D with turf tires and OEM MMM #7  
It is not heavy enough to use a 6' blade and push snow uphill. Maybe if it was a dainty little snow but nothing serious. Nice looking machine

Thanks for the feedback...I was planning on using the snow to keep the beer cold, but might need to re-think that. I was reading another thread about using the PTO to churn ice cream -- Maybe we can tinker up something /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

bigE4evr, I appreciate the tire info. Bled them down this morning before I mowed and it made a big difference.

/ Yanmar 187D with turf tires and OEM MMM #9  
<font color=blue>2. I have only seen 30" scoops at TSC, but have read your recommendations for a 24"...Is there a suggested source of supply for the 24"? </font color=blue>

I have the 30" scoop on my 186D. I would recommend it, you CAN over fill it, but ballast helps a lot. I filled my front tires and have front ballast, and I can really stuff mine full, and go uphill without any wheelies.

I did manage to tear up my tranny casing where the top link mounts to it by backing into an old manure pile too fast (trying to fill the scoop as full as I could....) I learned a lot about tractor physics ,and now I take it easy, and still am happy with the 30" scoop.

Mike,

This is great feedback -- thanks, but you've led me to another question:

You mention that you could overload it (the 30" scoop)...now for my ignorance. If it DOES get overloaded, do you have to worry about messing up the hydraulics, or will it just not lift?