/ Newbie #1  

DavidM

Okay Gentlemen, here's the deal.... I've just purchased a YM 2210 with front end loader, 5ft tiller, 5ft bush hog, and a box blade. I paid $7500 for it..... While I know it's hard to believe, I found this group after the deal was struck. Have I been taken? Did I get an okay deal? Pretty good deal? From what I've seen on other web sites/discussion groups the 2210 should handle my newly acquired 17 acres pretty well. Any thoughts, comments, sarcastic remarks or suggestions about the 2210 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

/ Newbie #2  
Sounds like a fair deal to me.

/ Newbie #3  
If the implements were used, then a good deal. If the implements were new then an excellent deal for here in the Midatlantic.

/ Newbie #4  
Better than an OK deal. Definitely in the good area. Just how good is something you will be able to tell us after about a year of use.
A couple of hints: Put the wheels out wide and be careful on side hills, Keep the bucket low when traveling, don't be disappointed if you need to do a brake job soon - most do,

/ Newbie #5  
You got a good deal with Roger's reservation. My first Yanmar was a YM2210D. I was well pleased with and amazed at what it would do. For instance I plowed snow on a 1 mile road which climbed 800' in the mile with lots of turns. The snow always moved sideways and the tractor always ahead (as opposed to some tiny tractors). It tilled as long as I could take it and skidded logs (16-24" 20-30' long) up a 45 degree bank but the tractor and I were always on flat ground and added more chain if needed.

I used a hook on my bucket and lifted the logs (just off the ground to move and then just high enough to load or stack).
The only problem was making sure the tractor was balanced in the rear and the rear end didn't get too light.

I sold it to a fellow in the Bitterroot Mountains of Montana with a snow blower and have never heard from him again. With all this succes why did I sell? I got an offer I couldn't resist. Then got another one.

/ Newbie
I appreciate your comments. I feel pretty good about the tractor & attachments (btw the bush hog & box blade are new, the rest are used). I think the biggest challenge now is learning how to use it efficiently and SAFELY. Thanks again!!!
David