alot of off and on seat time today,

/ alot of off and on seat time today, #1  

deepNdirt

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar YM-1700
Today I used my FEL as a cement mixing boat/tub..... worked out great can mix 4- 80 lb bags of cement at a time and then just dump, :thumbsup: I was off and on thew tractor quite a bit cranking up moving it some then shut off mix more cement, etc,
ya got the picture! but while doing so I notice something that I've not notice before... the tractor would not turn off when shutting off on the throttle, I would have to reach for the decompression lever to kill the engine,
but the next time instead of shutting it off I was going to let it simply stay running so I shift into neutral let out the clutch and latched the E-brake and as soon as I let my foot off the brake pedal it then shut off.....:confused: I thought this was odd so next time I restarted it and I paid attention if did again, so I got ready to shut it down i went through the same steps and it would in fact cut off again only when I let my foot off the brake, so I did it this way for 5/6 more times and each time it would not shut off until I latched the E-brake shift into neutral and right at the same time I let of the brake it would shut down...
But! if I were to only put in neutral and not latch the brake it would not turn off , I would again have to decompress the engine, anyone know if the Brake somehow is internally safety to the shutoff of these tractors? I have not seen a wire down at the brake pedal, this is the only time it has done this way out of the many times I have used it, it usually shuts down when I back off on the throttle.

/ alot of off and on seat time today, #2  
There's no internal safety that links brakes/shutoff.

I think what is happening is the foot throttle linkage is close to the handbrake and whatever you are doing is snagging it.

/ alot of off and on seat time today, #3  
I wish we had a FEL as a kid. Mixing in a wheel barrow was a pain then you had to dump it.

We got a little different seat time but it was good for a change. The equipment trailer was still looked to the 1989 F700 with a 16' flat bed dump. A drug company near my office a couple months ago set out a lot of new pallets with a FREE sign on them but I noticed a few never left.

One the way out today I stopped and what was left was in need of repair (screwing back together) for the most part. There was one normal size one way but about 10' the the other way that was starting to show some decay but was Oak and HEAVY so we loaded it first by dumping about 1/3 of max.

It will be great for the 8' box blade for several years yet after it soaks up a lot of BLACK motor oil.:laughing:

We even picked up all of the pieces and loaded them and the daughter picked up the trash and ugly card board FREE sign that has been through 10 inches of rain and put in their dumpster. When as why I said even if the others had picked over everything we were cleaning up an eye sore I saw every day coming out from the office. I am going to call the manager and ask if they could call me if they are going to give away more and I will bring in the truck so they do not have to haul time to the street corner of their parking lot. Being nice enough to haul the trashy ones should get me first dibbs if they have more sometimes I think. :D

It is about a 40 mile round trip to town and the old truck had not been moved in a couple months so the brakes need use and the tires needed to get hot so they will reoil themselves to reduce dry rot plus the gas gauge was on EMPTY but still had 14 gallons since it only held $110 in gas today. I like my stuff that sets a lot to be full of gas for several reasons. That is 50 gallons of eazy to get generator gas if needed. Hope it it gets drained it is by us. :laughing:

I wanted to get home but the kids asked to stop at Dairy Queen (we have the one without dining or restrooms) so I parked at the car wash nearby since it was Friday night and busy. We got some seat time, pallets and ice cream and Escaped having to mow the yard. :)

/ alot of off and on seat time today, #4  
My seat time was sitting in a chair watching 2 guys build a carport for my tractor. A great day, now I need to detail it.

/ alot of off and on seat time today,
There's no internal safety that links brakes/shutoff.

I think what is happening is the foot throttle linkage is close to the handbrake and whatever you are doing is snagging it.

OK here is what I found might have been happening, Because I was using the bucket for mixing cement I would leave it about 2 ft off the ground, the hydraulic lines are routed just far enough back from the location where the throttle would shut off at, typically if the bucket would be on the ground then the Hydr line would be just far enough away for the throttle to completely close off, it was not doing so because having the bucket up and the lines to the remote would move at the point of throttle should be shutting off preventing it to completely close, the thing I found odd was just the moment of letting off of the brake is when the tractor would go ahead and shut down, I should have researched a bit more why reason for this happening But with rain on the way I had to keep working on to get done before the rain came in, In a since I suppose I have accidentally created
my own sort of safety feature :D Bucket up = safety brake locked = will only let tractor shut off, because I realy shouldn't be letting the tractor run while working in front of it anyways ;)