Leaking fuel filter shutoff

/ Leaking fuel filter shutoff #1  

rmully

Gold Member
Tractor
YM 2020
Finally freed the shut off for the fuel filter but now it leaks just a little as i am sure the "O" ring is old and dry. Looked for just an "O" ring to replace but can't find one and i can't see spending $50 for a replacement fuel bowl and shutoff. Anyone have a good source or suggestion.

/ Leaking fuel filter shutoff #2  
If you can't find the o-ring you can get the fuel bowl assembly from one of the dealers on the forum such as Danny Parker or Hoye

/ Leaking fuel filter shutoff #3  
Don't know whether you have a Harbor Freight in your area or not but if you do they have o-ring kits in metric and inch size. They are $10 or less kits I think. I'm assuming your talking about the o-ring on the fuel valve and not on the filter bowl. The kit wouldn't have one large enough for the bowl.

/ Leaking fuel filter shutoff
Did you look on Hoye's site?

I did look on Hoye's site but only found the whole assembly...seems a waste to buy a new assembly for an "O" ring... maybe I will take it to NAPA and see what they can find in the way of an O ring

/ Leaking fuel filter shutoff #6  
I did look on Hoye's site but only found the whole assembly...seems a waste to buy a new assembly for an "O" ring... maybe I will take it to NAPA and see what they can find in the way of an O ring

I have the O-rings.

Danny

/ Leaking fuel filter shutoff #7  
Danny why won't people listen some times.