B5 Excavator

/ B5 Excavator #1  

Operator4100

Tractor
ford 4000 1962
Hello to all, I hope you folks can help, My son has a Yanmar B5 excavator and the swing is weak,was wondering if anyone has one and what direction I need to go, I did a google search with little or no info, thanks, Dw

/ B5 Excavator #2  
Several hours? Original owner? Abused or heavy usage over it's life? Check and clean the swing races (inner and outer) check, clean, and lubricate the swing bearings and pinion shaft. I have logged many hours on these small minimal tail swing/ zero tail swing excavators and they usually end up with a lot of wear and dirt in those areas. We have on occasion used them actually submerged in water and mud over the swing races and bearings. We had 1/2 inch soft laid winch cable wrapped around the races also. So check and re-check and clean. If no luck you may be in for new races, bearings, and pinion.

/ B5 Excavator
Thanks for the help I will look at the races though it swings fine on level ground but on side ground trying to swing uphill it's weak, i talked to a dealer today and he said I should have 2744 psi to the motor and I have only 1500, so I'm thinking maybe the pump is getting weak. Dw

/ B5 Excavator
The name I'll have to write it down and type it in tomorrow, actually it has two pumps on it a lare one in front of a smaller one, the large one appears to be a piston type while the other is a gear type, I got the gear type pulled today which I've found out is the swing pump. DW