Help!!! YM2500 Part Identification

/ Help!!! YM2500 Part Identification #11  
My vote is with California, over run clutch. Slip clutch is a different animal and should be located on the mower, not the tractor. Dealer should make it good. :thumbsup:

/ Help!!! YM2500 Part Identification #12  
I recognize that bad boy. Especially the color (puke green). That is one of the infamous overrun clutches that probably came from CHI-NAA!!! I had two fall apart. Hoye was gracious enough to replace. One only lasted about 10 minutes and the second a little longer. That was two years ago. I changed away from the "quick disconnect" overrun to the one that actually is mounted on the pto shaft. Been running it ever since with absolutely NO problems.

Good luck.

/ Help!!! YM2500 Part Identification #13  
Yes, those clutches have had some issues in the last few years. You can do a search here and find many topics about them. For a while there was a problem with the release button coming out. Then there was a problem with the big snap ring coming out or breaking (looks like what happened on yours). It seems like every couple years there are a few bad ones that sneak past their quality control. I'm pretty sure they all come from the same manufacturer in India no matter what color they paint them. Either way your dealer should replace it.

Aaron
Hoye Tractor Parts
Contact Us
(940)592-0181

/ Help!!! YM2500 Part Identification #14  
My vote is with California, over run clutch. Slip clutch is a different animal and should be located on the mower, not the tractor. Dealer should make it good. :thumbsup:

Yeah i was agreeing that a overrun clutch could be purchased at TSC.
actually I have never seen a "Slip clutch" what exactly are they used for? only dealing I've had is with using an overrun clutch. and I do know that if you are heading down hill running without one while bushhoging you'll have a time stopping;) .... yes it can be stopped in 15-20ft. providing you stand on the brakes :thumbsup: ask me how I know:D for someone not familiar with their tractor and were to simply buy a rotary cutter and connect it directly up to the PTO without a Overrun clutch might just freak when time to hit the brakes :cool:
Carey why the Doc double up? you had another surgery? if you start seeing 2 tractors please don't get on either of them :D

Last edited:
   / Help!!! YM2500 Part Identification #15  
I guess just not as young as I use to be but I can still last a little while on the tractor . I may find out the 22nd if they are still going to try to go in and fix my hearing. :)
Either Or On my Mini laptop that thing looks Hugh knowing the size of a 2500 and what it looks like. But no matter what even if it's Gold Plated they need to get a new one out to him ASAP!! Which I'm sure they will ;)

Carey

/ Help!!! YM2500 Part Identification
Thank you everyone for your replies. It is the over running clutch and it has been removed, boxed up, and returned to the dealer for a new one. http://www.hoyetractor.com/mm5/merchant ... ode=or-660

I have been informed that it is uncommon for this to occur.....doesn't make me feel better about it; kinda ruined the moment when I got the tractor :confused2:

/ Help!!! YM2500 Part Identification #18  
I did not really click on the pic, just looked at the thumb. I did not realize till clicking it that that was the back of the tractor, i was thinking it wass the mower where the drive shaft fell apart. So after reading clalis post i looked again yep i know its late but after actually looking i see it now as an overrun.

/ Help!!! YM2500 Part Identification #19  
Since you sent it out maybe you could ask the dealer to give you credit for a future order like filters and such and you go out and buy a replacement that you know is quality and you could be back at work before the new tractor fever cools off. Your dealer may just send you the same brand as the one that broke.