3-Point Hitch ym2002d hydraulic stop working

/ ym2002d hydraulic stop working #1  

Jeff S

I was reading a problem Jeff Stephens was having with his tractor. My problem is similar. This is my first time on the site. My 3 point hitch will not go up or down with or without a implement attached. This started last fall while dragging the driveway. I have changed all filters and hydraulic oil. The filter screen was a mess. The pump is ok it lifts the loader and I have pressure to the shut off valve under the seat. At first the shut off valve only had fluids coming through the ports(right of the handle) looking at it if you were seated. No fluids at all from left side of shut off valve. I purchased a new shut off valve unit. New unit works, still no lift. The piston located in the hydraulic lifting system is in place. I'm getting fluids through the ports where the handle mounts. Sure could use some help. Thanks Jeff Sindlinger

/ ym2002d hydraulic stop working #2  
Who is Jeff Stephens? Link to the post. Other thank not coming down does it work with implements? If you stand on it will it come back down? Just dont raise it without weight on it then this does not seem like too big of a problem yet assuming it will lift and hold your implements.

-Nate

/ ym2002d hydraulic stop working #3  
Hey, someone else with a 2002. What position is your lift in? All the way down? I suspect your problem lies within your control valve area. Don't know whether you have a repair manual or not. I have a 220/226 manual which is suppose to be the closest to our 2002d tractors. In the trouble shooting area of hydraulics it points to a clogged orifice in the control valve spool or control valve or pilot spool stuck. Don't ask me where the pilot spool is, I don't know. Based on your nasty screen it would seem reasonable you could have trash up in the control valve area.

Last edited:
   / ym2002d hydraulic stop working #4  
I keep seeing comments about the hydraulic filter screen, but have yet to locate one on my 2002D. Where it the world is it?

/ ym2002d hydraulic stop working #5  
Right behind the 3 bolt flange you see here. Right behind the 4 wheel drive drop box on left side of tractor.

Attachments

• 100_6523.jpg
    100_6523.jpg
    715.6 KB · Views: 162
   / ym2002d hydraulic stop working #6  
Thank you ever so much.

/ ym2002d hydraulic stop working #7  
Right behind the 3 bolt flange you see here. Right behind the 4 wheel drive drop box on left side of tractor.

Amazing what one can learn here. I would have thought they were all at the rear of the tractor like my 3110. I have that same 3 bolt cover ,but it's at the rear of the tractor

/ ym2002d hydraulic stop working #8  
I'm having to learn all this the hard way and on the fly so to speak. Hydraulic filter is good, screen has been cleaned, everything flushed out and fresh fluid put in. The Hydraulics work better and respond quicker than ever before. Issue of going in gear still a problem though. Found out my son had pulled the shifter and cover off. Before he did this it would shift when clutch was pushed but would not move. Now it will move a couple of inches forward or back but it shifts without clutching. Any advise.

/ ym2002d hydraulic stop working #9  
I'm not following you here? Sounds like your clutch or splined coupling is gone but I'm not sure I am understanding what is going on. Could you describe things a little more. I am sort of slow? :D

/ ym2002d hydraulic stop working #10  
I'm having to learn all this the hard way and on the fly so to speak. Hydraulic filter is good, screen has been cleaned, everything flushed out and fresh fluid put in. The Hydraulics work better and respond quicker than ever before. Issue of going in gear still a problem though. Found out my son had pulled the shifter and cover off. Before he did this it would shift when clutch was pushed but would not move. Now it will move a couple of inches forward or back but it shifts without clutching. Any advise.

RonV, any chance off an update here? :confused3: