Has anyone ordered parts from LCI?

/ Has anyone ordered parts from LCI? #1  

California

Super Star Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM240 Yanmar YM186D
I was wondering if anyone has successfully ordered parts from LCI Products ?

There's something ghostly about their website, with huge numbers of models listed then when you dig down to detail parts nearly all return 'nothing available'.

Are they real, or is this just a marketing gimmick maybe to 'support' the tractors they sell??

Anybody?

/ Has anyone ordered parts from LCI? #2  
I think there is truth to what you say about the lack of actual stock. Another thing that concerns me personally is where the availabe parts are coming from. A few years ago when I first had my ym2000 and needed a few parts, I was able to get genuine yanmar parts. I was able to get them in stock or pretty quick. Now we are starting to see a lot of parts being made as "aftermarket" parts and coming from places such as India. Now don't get me wrong, I certainly appreciate being able to get parts that may not be availabe but I do question the quality. It's starting to seem line the entire "Yanmar" thing is starting to dry up. I mean there were only so many 70's/80's tractor's made. That's why we are seeing so many Viet rebuilds. Most of the good tractors were imported and sold years ago. Now we're nearing the bottom. Same with parts. Parts support/availability running out in Japan so now we have an industry of getting parts made in other countries. And although I am by no means an engineer, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that some of the "new" cast parts are not the same quality as genuine yanmar parts.

My intent was not to offend anyone or dealer as I personally appreciate the availabity of parts and all that most go thru to keep our yanmars running. But I do worry about the future.

/ Has anyone ordered parts from LCI? #3  
I have not ordered them from LCI but have picked them up there in person. I have a VN tractor that came from there with many many sorrows. However, they have got all parts for complete overhaul including crankshaft. I have walked in and purchased filters and they are the ones made for Yanmar. Last time I passed by there the tractor inventory was very low compared to what it has been in past years. I am wondering if they are going under. I think there was less than a dozen tractors compared to 40 or 50 tractors for last several years. I'll be watching but don't go that way to often. I think they are affiliated with Lucky tractor parts some way. When I said they have got all parts for overhaul I should have said they were not all in stock but had no trouble getting them. Most were in stock.

Last edited:
   / Has anyone ordered parts from LCI? #4  
Another thing that concerns me personally is where the availabe parts are coming from. A few years ago when I first had my ym2000 and needed a few parts, I was able to get genuine yanmar parts. I was able to get them in stock or pretty quick. Now we are starting to see a lot of parts being made as "aftermarket" parts and coming from places such as India.

.... It's starting to seem line the entire "Yanmar" thing is starting to dry up.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Aftermarket parts have been keeping older equipment running for a loooong time. Look at all of the 8N, 9N, and old Deere tractors. Some of those are from the 1930s and have been running on aftermarket parts (most coming from India) for decades. Even old cars like my '69 Camaro are held together with aftermarket parts. I don't think it has a single OEM part on it anymore :).

I do agree that many of the castings are not as pretty as some of the genuine Yanmar stuff but, aside from a couple of bad batches over the years, the parts perform just as well as the original parts.

Aaron
Hoye Tractor Parts
Contact Us
(940)592-0181

/ Has anyone ordered parts from LCI? #5  
My VN yanmar has LCI stamped on the hoses and belts i beleive. Parts look just as good as any hose you would buy from Advanced Auto for any vehicle you have. Does LCI order its tractors from VN tractors there in Atlanta? I see VN advertised in tractor house sales flyer, the aireal of that place looks like 500-thousands of yanmars outside of their headquaters there in ATL.

/ Has anyone ordered parts from LCI? #7  
I looked up a few parts real quick. The 3pt valve seal was out of stock. The radiator was available and the fuel bowl kit was instock. Fuel bowl oring out of stock. Alternator instock at $117 dosent seem to bad of a price. But dont you say you can get a nissan one at advanced auto for a lot less maybe? Voltage regulator is insock for $35.

All of these things are for a ym2000.

I hate how once you select a part you have to go through the whole list again for another.
Almost like a computer idiot made the website as it is not efficient to browse. I could not make it but i dont claim to be good with computers and thats not my line of work anyway.

/ Has anyone ordered parts from LCI? #8  
Funny I'm not kidding But was at the parts counter in AL. I had a grocery list.While they were getting them another parts clerk took a order over the phone and told the secretary what was just orderd and who it was. VN-1 dealer in ATL. on P.tree Ind. Blvd. After hearing that I always wondered if all the Reverbishing was actually done in VN. when they were buying parts in the US.

Carey

/ Has anyone ordered parts from LCI? #10  
Not with everything orderd for just a 2010D it was right in front of me.But then again it was a VN. and if it was Warrenty what a major !!!!!!!.