Top Link length for Box Blade

/ Top Link length for Box Blade #1  

rmasonjr

I purchased a box blade from a local dealer and purposely did not get a top link until I hooked up the box blade and measured. When I measured from the tractor to the BB, I get ~21 inches. So, I go back to my tractor dealer to get a top link, but the only sizes he has will require me to get 2 top links depending if I want to kick the BB back or forward - seems like a little excessive to me :(

So, I'd like to try placing an order online with (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure) or other site, but need to know - what size top link would I need to allow me to kick the BB back and forward without having to have 2 top links?

Forgot to mention - This is going on a Yanmar 1601D with a 4' BB

Thanks!

Last edited:
   / Top Link length for Box Blade #3  
I don't understand that. Toplinks are normally adjustable by about 10". Are you saying his are not? You obviously need one that measures over and under 21".

/ Top Link length for Box Blade
@winston1 - great! That is a great breakdown of the sizes - thanks!

@normde2001 - correct - he said that the shortest one would not open past the 21" measurement, and the longest would not go short enough - he recommended to get two :confused2:

/ Top Link length for Box Blade #5  
We always buy adjustable top links with a 12-13" center tube, and find that they work on all the Yanmars we stock and all the implements we put on them, with the exception of some of the Yanmar tillers which require a shorter top link.

/ Top Link length for Box Blade #6  
Most all Yanmar tillers use more than just a Adj. top link never seen one that doesn't use this yanmar setup on a 3pt. Make sure you get it if you do buy one. heard alot of people having trouble getting them to work without this setup.

Attachments

• Top Link 2%20018[1].jpg
    Top Link 2%20018[1].jpg
    547.8 KB · Views: 318
   / Top Link length for Box Blade #7  
I don't recommend using the top link bracket extension pictured I think that is used to lift the tillers higher to get out of the rice fields. There are more than 2 sizes of top link available. The top link should let the implement raise fairly parallel to the graound

/ Top Link length for Box Blade #8  
That is the factory top link that comes with the RS1400 that is made for the ym2000. I have a reg 18-21" that will not let the Tiller swing out far enough away from the Tires or level out properly. You hear it all the time of people having trouble without it. There are a couple that are made different you may not of had the correct one.

Carey

/ Top Link length for Box Blade #9  
Carey is right ...until i got the top link he has pictured I could not clear my tires when i raised my RS1400 tiller. No problems with a box blade using a straight top link but not with the tiller.

/ Top Link length for Box Blade #10  
Well I agree and disagree. The special top link is definitely the "correct" way to go but I fabricated a little short toplink and use it with my rs1300. Works fine. Not a very good picture but you can see it tilted back.

Attachments

• 100_2150.JPG
    100_2150.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 202