Yellow Jackets..

/ Yellow Jackets.. #1  

kenmac

Tractor
McCormick CX105 Kubota MX 5100 HST, Kubota ZD1021, Kawsaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4
I get so tired of this...:mad: It don't feel good. Was out on the yanmar bush hoggin today & got hit 3 times. For some reason, they don't like you bush hoggin over their home

/ Yellow Jackets.. #2  
Yeah, how dare they defend their homes. I have the same problem and was thinking about draping a mosquito net off the ROPS. Haven't done it yet though. I keep a can of Spectracide Pro 25' Wasp & Hornet spray in the cupholder. It's the best juice I've ever found. Kills 'em so fast they don't even drop from the nest. But the real trick is to spot their nest before you run over it or before they spot you -- and that ain't exactly the easiest thing to do.

/ Yellow Jackets.. #3  
I would mark the spot and in the dark drop a quart of diesel fuel on the nest and in the am ...all gone. Don't use galoline but you knew that :laughing:

/ Yellow Jackets.. #5  
Best time is at dusk. They will have settled down, but you can still see.

/ Yellow Jackets.. #6  
I was shredding a lot about three weeks ago for a client and ran over not one but three yellow jacket nests. I got hit 18 times before getting away. I left the tractor and came back the next evening and poured three gallons of diesel fuel on the nests. Then came back the next day and ground up the ground over the nests with the busg hog. Then put on the tater plow and dug em up. I charged the client for hogging, killing the bees and for pain and suffering.

/ Yellow Jackets.. #7  
I was shredding a lot about three weeks ago for a client and ran over not one but three yellow jacket nests. I got hit 18 times before getting away. I left the tractor and came back the next evening and poured three gallons of diesel fuel on the nests. Then came back the next day and ground up the ground over the nests with the busg hog. Then put on the tater plow and dug em up. I charged the client for hogging, killing the bees and for pain and suffering.

18 times, did you have the good since to put some vinegar on the stings?:confused2:

/ Yellow Jackets.. #8  
I used ammonia. It worked well. Good thing I am not allergic. Most of the stings were on my back, some on my ankles. Hurt like you know what for a while. The swelling went down after a couple days.

/ Yellow Jackets..
I would mark the spot and in the dark drop a quart of diesel fuel on the nest and in the am ...all gone. Don't use galoline but you knew that :laughing:

I stopped the tractor & went looking for them . I had no luck finding them. Or I would have won the battle. The area was next to woods & they may have come out of the woods. I got stung a couple of weeks ago by wasp. Wasp sting is nothing compaired to the yellow jacket sting. They must have a larger stinger or more juice to put in you. All I know is, their sting seemed to hurt worse

/ Yellow Jackets.. #10  
I agree 100% with Kenmac. Yellow Jackets hurt way more than a wasp!!