YM2210 Rear Blade Size

/ YM2210 Rear Blade Size #1  

broncobisley1

Just wanting to get recommendations on what size rear blade to get and what a good brand/model would be for use with a YM2210. Tractor is 46" wide but want to reach out a little to the side to move material.

Should I get a 5ft rear blade or can the tractor handle a 6ft blade? Or do I need a 5ft blade that offsets?

Does anyone have experience with the Woods brand blades, such as these RB Series blades, although the RB60 doesn't offset.

Woods Equipment Company - 60'', 72'' & 84'' Standard-Duty Rear Blades - RB Series

If not, what about the Howse rear blades, such as the Heavy Duty offset blade. They also have a farm blade with no offset.

http://www.howseimplement.com/pdfs/111-A%20RED%20HOWSE.pdf

Other option I've seen is the cheaper King Kutter blade.

Thanks for any advice. Am getting a box blade also at a later point, but right now need a rear scrape.

/ YM2210 Rear Blade Size #2  
just wait till you get a box, i dont think you will use the blade once you have a box.

/ YM2210 Rear Blade Size #3  
Get yourself a heavy duty 5' box blade and forget the scrape blade. They are lightweight and not much good without downforce.

/ YM2210 Rear Blade Size #4  
The rear scrape blade is a lightweight piece of equipment, you could easily pull a 6 or 7 footer with a 2210, it will not break ground well if any, but great for spreading loose material, sand, rock, snow, etc. plus it can be angled to pull rock back onto a gravel road or angled to build a crown in the road, again if the material is already loose.

I rarely use mine and agree that a box scrape is a better investment.

/ YM2210 Rear Blade Size
Ok, thanks for advice. Will go ahead and get the box blade first.

Anyone have opinions on the Bush Hog SBX 480. Looks like $735 or so. Better options?

Reading on the forum looks like a 4 ft. box blade would be correct.

What's the group opinion on a 5ft model for a YM 2210. Just don't want to get an implement that the tractor can't handle.

Thanks.

Last edited:
   / YM2210 Rear Blade Size #6  
I use a 4ft heavy duty on my YM2001 (23.5hp) and can fill it up and pull it easy, will go with a 5ft next time, the YM2210 being 26 hp and 2 cyl being more torque, i would get the 5'...

/ YM2210 Rear Blade Size #7  
I use a 4' it's the same size as the width of my rear wheels Works Great. being the same width make it easy to use don't have to worry about catching it on anything if the tractor goes by it. IMO. also better to have to much Hp. then Just not enough. I use it mostly to keep up with my 3/4 mile gravel Dr.

Carey

Attachments

• Triler%20park%20001[1].jpg
    Triler%20park%20001[1].jpg
    923.2 KB · Views: 157
   / YM2210 Rear Blade Size #8  
I use a 54" Gannon rollover blade with my 2002d. Don't need any more than that. You have a couple more hp but if you are 2 wheel drive I think slippage is going to come much quicker than lack of power.

/ YM2210 Rear Blade Size #9  
Id look for a used one you can find a used one probably for easily around $300-400 medium heavy duty. May be rusty but in my opinion there is no need to pay for paint, your just going to drag it through the dirt.

/ YM2210 Rear Blade Size
Ok, thanks for the input.

Been looking for used ones, but the few non-economy versions I've found, they want almost as much as a new one. Not worried about paint, since it's going to lose a good bit of it very quickly.