Default Ym186 1510. What size attachments will it pull? Box blade, soil pulverizor

2wd ym186 with turf tires.

Other than 4' blades will the tractor be able to pull/use a 5' blade/scrape. Don't find many 4' attachements to rent or buy used. Only need to move small amounts of dirt and smooth out the top soil in a old pasture which is now my back yard.

????

I plan on adding a bumper to the front end that can hold gym weights. And I could add some water to he tires.

Elite Member

Default Re: Ym186 1510. What size attachments will it pull? Box blade, soil pulverizor

It might, but you won't like it. Get a 4' or less. People dump their 5 footers because they are too big.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Default Re: Ym186 1510. What size attachments will it pull? Box blade, soil pulverizor

My YM186D (4x4, ag tires) came with an old 5 ft blade. The previous owner suggested sell the blade because it did nothing but halt the tractor. ... and I think he used it mostly to clear snow.

My experience was that hitting a patch of turf roots is enough to turn that blade into a boat anchor. Maybe iron weights in the rear wheels would help - water wasn't enough.

Also the YM186 (D) lift is too energetic to make subtle adjustments. I could adjust the drop valve to go down slowly, but lifting the blade when it dug too hard was sudden and extreme with no way to feather it.

I researched that blade and saw one owner had added 'trainer wheels' on the back to limit how much it could dig. I may do the same.

Photo - blade.

However a 4 ft rotary mower works ok after 240 lbs of front bumper weights.

I am running a 4' rhino rotary cutter without weights. Does ok on level ground or down hill. Up hill or across uneven sections the lack of front end weight is readly noticed with total lack of steering.

So the search for a 4' blade is on. Though a 5' blade with some torch work could equal 4'?..?...

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by renter damaged uhoh View Post
    I am running a 4' rhino rotary cutter without weights. Does ok on level ground or down hill. Up hill or across uneven sections the lack of front end weight is readly noticed with total lack of steering.

So the search for a 4' blade is on. Though a 5' blade with some torch work could equal 4'?..?...
    It depends on whether you are talking box blade or scraper blade, huge difference. You can use a 5' scrape blade, no prob. Hit roots with any blade and the front end is coming up, no matter what size. Just be ready to stab the clutch at all times. Suitcase weights on the front help a lot.

Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

you can pull the 4 footer with a full load of dirt but a 5 footer wont be able to move with a full load. Also, when i use my boxblade, it occasionally will get packed full of dirt and when you lift it up you will pop a wheelie or it wont lift it at all. Also, watch for roots when you are digging. The picture shows what happens but since all the power is put onto the back wheels and since they are slipping so much, it can be a very rough ride. with the R3 turf tires on your tractor, i'd look at adding weight to your rear tires and possibly even chains for extra traction. A 4 foot boxblade will pull a little less than a 5 footer but it will be more efficient since your tractor will have a better match size wise and will be more productive since you will be able to work faster. I can fill my 4 foot boxblade to where the dirt is falling out the back in 2wd on level ground.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -4-25-10-023-jpg   -5-15-10-041-jpg  
    My Fleet:
    2004 Deere 317 Skid Steer Loader
    66" Construction bucket, imatch QA adapter, CU72 Jake Rake, Middle Buster, 60" Landscape rake, 54"x 48" Pallet forks
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Check out my rakes: www.Jakesimplements.com

Member of the TBN "Young gun" Club