Would you upgrade?

/ Would you upgrade? #1  

Smoody

Platinum Member
Tractor
YM226D
Found YM2500 in really good shape, 1100 hours, $2,000, I really like my YM2001 but should I upgrade, other then horsepower is the YM2500 a better machine overall, I may just buy it and see which I like best but its nice to hear you guys thoughts. Thanks

Physically is the 2500 larger then my 2001? Never seen one in person.

Thx

PS. The green ym2000 i posted about last week, my buddy and I went and checked it out, he bought it. runs good and came with 5 implements, gave $3300 for it.

/ Would you upgrade? #2  
Seems the ym2500 is basically the same tractor as the JD850. I believe it weighs in at about 2750#, is 114" long, 57" width with wheels turned narrow. If the tractor is in good condition and larger won't affect your operation I don't see how you could pass it up.:)

/ Would you upgrade? #3  
Yes the 2500 is a bigger machine. I thought you already had a 2500, with a blown head gasket or something? Thats a good price if in decent shape you can always get your money out of it or make a little on it. I posted a link to one forsale in gville for 3k i think that was around the size of your 2001 and they wanted 3k. If you have the money to play with id buy it and see.

/ Would you upgrade? #4  
i did a CL search in charlote and came up with a 2500 for sale in cataba for $2500 that came with 5 pieces of equiptment. Is this it, i think it was an old listing, maybe someone bought it and is parting all the pieces and tractor.

/ Would you upgrade?
The tractor with head gasket issue was a ym2210, I sold it to a mechanic here in town, he still owns it and it runs good. The ym2500 I am looking at is not the one with 5 implements, this tractor isn't on CL, local lady has it, was her fathers.

/ Would you upgrade? #6  
For $2000 and in good shape you can't loose. Buy it try it out and sell the one you like the least. You can always make a few bucks on that tractor.

/ Would you upgrade?
I know its a deal at $2,000 just wanted to see what you guys thought, I really like the ym2001 and I know it runs flawless, just always hesitate to buy something and get rid of ol faithful (ym2001) not knowing its replacement will last. COuld use more power sometimes on the hills behind the house.

How much more ground clearance will it have? Are the rims 28", the YM2001 has 24" rims. also the YM2500 is a 2 cylinder correct, for some reason I can't find that info, tractordata.com has almost all YM series yanmars on there except the YM2500.

oh, does the dash have gauges or just the dummy lights?

Here is a picture of it.

Attachments

• yanmar.jpg
    yanmar.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 135
   / Would you upgrade? #9  
Smoody, go to RCO tractors website. He has some good picutures of a couple of 2500s. Looks like lights on the dash.

/ Would you upgrade?
California you have better eyes then me, this netbook with 9" screen doesnt show but 2..haha, RCO site says its 3 cyl. . thanks winston for the info.