Backhoe for 186D

/ Backhoe for 186D #1  

jerrybob

Tractor
yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter
Question.......Looking for a backhoe for my 186D. Any experiences out there? How much should I expect to pay for a new backhoe and installation? Is used a possibility? Based on size of tractor.....I would think backhoe is 3 point attached vs frame mount? Any feedback is appreciated.

/ Backhoe for 186D #2  
I wanted to get a BH for my 1510D and looked around here, but did not find anything that would work for me used and new was :laughing: . For about the price of a new back hoe for my tractor I bought a mini-excavator, which has MANY MANY times the ability that a BH on my tractor would have. I know that it is another engine, but does it ever dig. Also in a bh the power is only usable if you can keep the machine on the ground. My yanmar mini-excavator weighs over 3000 lbs instead of the 1300 of my 1510D. Weight is a huge advantage for doing some of the things that we get bh to do, like digging stumps.

I would be very cautious with a 3 pt bh on our tractors because of the extra stress placed on the bell housing and 3 pt attach points. A subframe is MUCH better in my opinion. Dfkrug has an excellent tutorial on how to build a subframe in the "build it yourself" section of TBN.

Mike

Attachments

• left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 115