powershift

/ powershift #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am new to this forum. I am looking at Yanmar power shift tractors, 24-28hp range. Really like the way it functions. How about service history of the power shifts, are they prone to give troubles, expensive or hard to repair. Parts availability, service manuals? I do my own repair work but of course steer clear of real problems if possible. Not my first tractor have had a couple. Thanks for the insight. Have been reading the forum & learned alot already.

/ powershift #2  
I have an FX24D and love it. I have been a member of these fora for @5 years and don't remember hearing of ANY problems with this xmission. Personally, I love mine. Nice compromise between gear and hydrostatic xmissions with most of the advantages and few of the faults.

/ powershift #3  
I have been dealing in Yanmars for 4 years. I have used both types. I have had more repairs on the manual transmissions than the Power Shift. Especially since I have no trouble with the Power Shift. It was built for the rental industry, to make it more trouble free than a manual shift. I think it did the job.

/ powershift #4  
Welcome EMAN. I also am new to the group and a new yanmar owner AND a first time tractor owner.Before buying i perused most of the discussion boards and finally bookmarked this forum. The regular posters in here are very knowlegeable. I ended up with a YM 1820D. It has the powershift on it and so far it seems to be really great. My buddy has a kubota BX18 with the hydro tranny and i would take the powershift anyday over his hydrostatic. He has hi, lo, forward and reverse. Thats it! With the powershift tranny i seem to have 12 forward speeds(assuming i can ever figure out how to get into the C gear). If a person cant find a match for any given task with 12 forward speeds, I would Say that person has bitten off more than he can chew! With all of the post's on how maintenance free this tranny is and my own meager experience I would say you cant go wrong with powershift over manual. PLUS, the wife really likes it. Made the purchase that much easier!!

/ powershift #5  
Eman,
What state are you in?
Maybe one of the dealers will let you come over & try one out & see if you like the power shift tranny.
Im happy with mine, Its 5 years now & no problems yet.
Heck, I moved over 90 yards of topsoil this summer with it
It took me a while but its done
Tractor Ernie, fx24D

/ powershift #6  
I have a YM 2010 that has a power shift tranny - it works great and in the 2 yrs that I have owned I have never had any problems.

William

/ powershift
Thanks for all the info guys. It has made my mind up for a powershift. I'm in Tennessee & I have already moved one around but not really driven it. Still looking for the right size. No hurry, It seems it will be winter before everyone gets there stock in so I can pick & chose. What I was worried about is if it does give trouble is it like the old Massey Ferguson Multi Power which is to expensive to repair.

/ powershift #8  
I'll have to agree with the other guys. I've been selling Yanmars for several years and have yet to have a power-shift problem. Excellent transmission.

/ powershift #9  
I am in west TN and I have a nice YM 2210 for sale.You can call me @ 901-867-3060 for more info.

Mike

/ powershift #10  
We are in SW Ohio, have been doing this for years, and have nine powershift models at the moment...five 2wd (1610, 1810, 2010, 2310, 3110) and four 4wd (1810D, 2010D, 2210D, 2220D). We have seen one powershift failure in our history. Click on my user name to get our email address.