Clutch Slips

/ Clutch Slips #1  

dennisB

Tractor
Rural King RK24
The clutch on my 2310 does not engage for 3 to 4 seconds when I first start the tractor. After that it is fine and does not hesitate at all. Does this mean I need to adjust the clutch or is it related to the Power Shift?

Thanks

/ Clutch Slips #2  
I have a powershift & the clutch works normally, so this is not normal. Try adjusting. Are you using the clutch pedal lock to keep the plates separated while parked for extended periods. The plates sometimes rust together & yours may be rusting then breaking free after use.

/ Clutch Slips #3  
All of the powershift tractors I have used do that. Some more than others. The longer it idles before trying to shift the less the wait. The cooler the temperature the longer it takes also. The power shift has it's own pump and it takes it a while to get up to speed.

/ Clutch Slips #4  
Dennis, I sell Yanmars and it is normal to have a couple of seconds delay when you first fire up the tractor. There is a hydraulic pump inside the transmission that operates clutch packs. In cold weather Yanmar suggests letting the tractor warm up in neutral for a few minutes, but you will notice that it normally only takes a few moments for everything to pressure up. Don't mess with your clutch.

/ Clutch Slips #5  
I stand corrected. I still have never noticed any delay or slip in the clutch after starting,

/ Clutch Slips #6  
If this is a progressive problem then I would clean the pickup screen at the transmissiom.

Thanks,
Bruce

/ Clutch Slips #7  
Always a good idea to check for a clean screen, but the power-shift pump does not work off the engine mounted pump nor does it draw it's fluid through the screen. I have had some power-shifts that had more of a lag then others, but the fact remains that Yanmar considers this normal and mentions it in their manuals.

/ Clutch Slips #8  
I'm not sure about the 2310 but a dirty screen on a 2210 can cause the lift to stop working and the tractor to stop moving.

Mike

/ Clutch Slips #9  
I read somewhere that synthetic oil will remove most of the delay in shifting especially in the winter. Has anyone run synthetic hy/tran oil for a long enough time to know if it works well in the long run?

Chris