Diesel motorcycle W/ Yanmar type engine

/ Diesel motorcycle W/ Yanmar type engine #2  
Is he running a CVT clutch/transmission there? I see some big pulleys. And 104 mpg! He's doing something right.

I see he put up a website/forum but the most recent post on it was a year ago. I think that photo of the grinning toothless motorcyclist must have scared everybody. I wish I could unsee that!

/ Diesel motorcycle W/ Yanmar type engine #3  
Looks like the same variable-diameter pulley drive system the original lawn tractor (or perhaps a snowmobile?) may have had. Also, note that he says he's driven over 7000 miles, with an avg of 115 mpg!:drool:

I like old bikes, but I have to admit I'm not real fond of those 4-carb engines. My son had one very similar to the one pictured, just a bit larger- a 1979 GS1000. That diesel conversion sounds very interesting!

/ Diesel motorcycle W/ Yanmar type engine #4  
I wonder what his 1/4 mile times are now. that was probably originally a 12 sec. bike.

/ Diesel motorcycle W/ Yanmar type engine #5  
Very cool! It actually sounds pretty good too... and great diesel smoke under load :). The diesel motorcycle thing seems to be really taking off. There are a lot of videos on YouTube now. I had no idea.

Aaron
Hoye Tractor Parts
Contact Us
(940)592-0181

/ Diesel motorcycle W/ Yanmar type engine #6  
why all the downhill passes? I know he said it held steady rpms up hill but makes you wonder.