Is technical help available from YANMAR?

/ Is technical help available from YANMAR? #1  

StanMcCluskey

Will YANMAR and/or its U.S. affiliates listed below supply technical information on our grey market tractors? This would help if we need to send them to the shop for repair.

Yanmar Agricultural Equipment Co. Ltd.
1-32, Chayamachi, Kita-ku, Osaka 530, Japan
Tel: 06-376-6299 Telex: 523-6981 Fax: 06-372-2445
Overseas Technical Centers
Chicago Technical Center
901 Corporate Grove Drive, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089, USA Tel: 708-541-1900 Fax: 708-541-2161
Overseas Affiliates
Yanmar Diesel America Corporation ( YA )
901 Corporate Grove Drive, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089-4508 Tel: 708-541-1900 Fax: 708-541-2161
Tuff Torq Corp.
5943 Commerce Blvd., Morristown, Tennessee 37814 USA Tel: 615-585-2000 Fax: 615-585-2003

/ Is technical help available from YANMAR? #2  
Many are better suited to answer this question as some guys on this board probably used to sell the USA version Yanmars. I do know that Yanmar frowns on the gray market deal, and I would really doubt they would assist. Fortunately there is a great deal of knowledge out there on the Yanmars, and the Yanmar service manuals are excellent. Get one for a USA tractor that is very close to yours and it will provide a wealth of information. You do have to be a little careful, as there are some differences, but not many.

/ Is technical help available from YANMAR? #3  
Good Luck. They wouldn't answer my Emails or talk to me on the phone. Stick with these guys. The actually like helping.

/ Is technical help available from YANMAR? #4  
There is no sense posting Yanmars contact information for people with grey market tractors. They are trying to discourage the grey market as much as possible. All orders except monthly stock orders need US model & serial # before Yanmar will ship. If a part is only available on a grey Yanmar they won't sell it. All calling does is get them more upset about the grey market tractors & probably more restrictions in the future when it comes to ordering parts. They know some of us dealers sell a lot of grey parts, but if we don't mention grey models to them , we get along fine.

/ Is technical help available from YANMAR? #5  
I guess that if you had a similar corresponding US model and a serial number you could act like that was your tractor. Of course you'd be getting info that might only be correct for the US model.

I suppose Yanmar is trying to distance itself from any lawsuits that might occur if they didn't sell, but did provide helpful support (i.e. they weren't selling the grey market tractors but were tacitly approving the grey market by supporting it).

/ Is technical help available from YANMAR? #6  
Lens & Kayssupply has got the right answers.