Thermostart vs magnetic oil pan heater

/ Thermostart vs magnetic oil pan heater
Another Oppsi! as I am unfamiliar with the tractor. :eek:

No that's ok you are on track and it does make perfect sense to just do a heater it really does simple is always better!

I checked and a freeze plug heater isnt available either for these engines that I have found.

I did order one that fits a v6 Saab that is 28mm (the only one even close) and I plan on experimenting with it if its properly designed. I don't expect it to work or me to find a way to make it work but its worth looking at and will give me something else to think about.

edit: Here is another one and its 30mm so I will get this one also. Kat's 10417 K4N K4NR K4NB frost plug engine block heater thanks to the internet.

Looks like it will fit just fine on mine I don't know what a 1900 block looks like but hopefully this will help someone.[/QUOTE]

Your post made me go back and look at my block a little closer. It has a threaded plug just behind the lower radiator hose. I wonder if something could be rigged up to also use a block heater in it?

Attachments

• DSCF0002 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0002 (Small).JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCF0003 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0003 (Small).JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 172
   / Thermostart vs magnetic oil pan heater #32  
Gary,

I don't know about that its probably doubtful I have never seen that type in my line of work but it appears that that may be where you could drain the block at least. So there may be hope on some kind of setup maybe a heater hose inline I think I have seen them but may be wrong.

I cant answer maybe do a search like I did and specify "screw in (block) heater"?

Do you even have any freeze plugs visible I don't see one in the pics?

edit: Here ya go thanks to search hahaha- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid=5325613042970375395 may not be exact but what the hey. hth

Gary,

I don't know about that its probably doubtful I have never seen that type in my line of work but it appears that that may be where you could drain the block at least. So there may be hope on some kind of setup maybe a heater hose inline I think I have seen them but may be wrong.

I cant answer maybe do a search like I did and specify "screw in (block) heater"?

Do you even have any freeze plugs visible I don't see one in the pics?

edit: Here ya go thanks to search hahaha- 2001-2004 MAZDA B TRUCK KIT BLOCK ENGINE HEATER 2.3L - eBay (item 190281596158 end time Dec-11-10 16:21:02 PST) may not be exact but what the hey. hth

As far as I can tell, there aren't any freeze plugs in the block or the head. I would think there should be but this model doesn't seem to have them. The ones we used in northern Indiana during the winter had a pump and it circulated the water through the engine and the heater was outside of the engine block. I don't have room on this tractor to do that.

/ Thermostart vs magnetic oil pan heater #34  
Ok that's too bad but what did ya think about that Mazda part looks like the ticket to me?

/ Thermostart vs magnetic oil pan heater #35  
I'm going to check with a buddy of mine who was a ASE master with Mazda back then. He has a couple B series for parts around the shop. Perfect for the WV. winters. I have to make a change next yr. The 8n Funk is retired.

Carey

Ok that's too bad but what did ya think about that Mazda part looks like the ticket to me?

That would probably work if it can be adapted to the threads on my block. I have to change out the antifreeze this year and I will check the hole and thread size. Sure looks like a small element to make very much heat. Then again, these engines are small.

/ Thermostart vs magnetic oil pan heater #37  
I keep telling myself that I am just going to have to bite the bullet and spend the money and time to get this tractor up to safety specs. But for the life of me I just can't see how a bent piece of tubing welded to a plate can cost $600.00:confused: (ROPS)

Seems like anytime it is a safety part the price goes through the ceiling:(

Some will shoot this down i m sure as its not the hoye certified one. But you can buy one from the dealer in hartsville sc for about half of that. He is a seller on EBAy. Yes he is a vn dealer but sells the most common yanmar stuff like starters voltage regs and so on on ebay.

Some will shoot this down i m sure as its not the hoye certified one. But you can buy one from the dealer in hartsville sc for about half of that. He is a seller on EBAy. Yes he is a vn dealer but sells the most common yanmar stuff like starters voltage regs and so on on ebay.

Thanks for that info. Can you PM me on the contact info for this dealer?

/ Thermostart vs magnetic oil pan heater #40  
I think they are the Hercules ROPS

Hercules ROPS - Yanmar

They are cheaper but they are not foldable (if that is important to you) and they are... well... sort of not that great looking (also may not be important) :). They are not a lot cheaper either really- around $100 less from what I have found. We looked into selling those a few years ago but, for the money, the foldable ROPS were hard to beat.

They are expensive but I assure you that we only make around 10% on one. It is not the dealers getting rich off of these. I knew at one time but it seems like it cost around $10,000 per model to get a ROPS tested & certified.

Aaron
Hoye Tractor Parts
Contact Us
(940)592-0181