Alternator output

/ Alternator output #1  

hosejockey2002

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20 HST
Anyone out there know the approximate alternator output of a 1401D? I'm going to wire up an inverter to run some mini Christmas lights for a parade. If my tractor's electrical system can handle it I'd like to run the running lights on my trailer too. I hooked in the inverter today and it worked with no problems but I'm not sure if the tractor can handle the electrical load for an extended period of time. If my alternator can't handle the load, I'll just use a deep-cycle RV battery to run the inverter off of. Thanks.

/ Alternator output #2  
Why not hook up the tractor alternator to the deep cycle and then the inverter?

Egon

/ Alternator output
That's a good idea, but the more I think about it I just may run the inverter off the deep cycle battery alone. I think it will easily run the inverter for an hour or so if it's fully charged.

/ Alternator output #4  
The alternaotr puts out 15amps. Interesting that it actually puts out single phase alternating current, which is rectified in the transistor type regulator.

/ Alternator output #5  
Unless you've got a huge amount of lights, running both batteries in parallel on the tractor electrical system w/ the invertor hooked in shouldn't be too bad. If your alternator is 15 amps , and both batteries are charged up good, sounds like a good float.

How many watts is the inverter? Small ( 150 )?

If you've got an ammeter on the tractor, just keep an eye on it. If you are worried that it will be charging at max for too long, rig a isolation switch between the second battery and the tractor system... switch it in and out periodically to give the deep cycle a bit of a rest.

Soundguy

/ Alternator output
It's a 300 watt inverter, but I'm only running a string of 100 mini lights. Unfortunately, I just found out that the parade is for "non-motorized" participants only./w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ Alternator output #7  
Well then, I guess that battery is going to get awful heavy with
you running alongside the float with it strapped to your back. :)

/ Alternator output
Naw, the tough part will be me pulling my 16' flatbed trailer with 20 kids on it!! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Alternator output #10  
I sure hope you can run fast if you get on a down hill slope!!!!!!!!!