Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

Default Alternator output

Anyone out there know the approximate alternator output of a 1401D? I'm going to wire up an inverter to run some mini Christmas lights for a parade. If my tractor's electrical system can handle it I'd like to run the running lights on my trailer too. I hooked in the inverter today and it worked with no problems but I'm not sure if the tractor can handle the electrical load for an extended period of time. If my alternator can't handle the load, I'll just use a deep-cycle RV battery to run the inverter off of. Thanks.

Default Re: Alternator output

Why not hook up the tractor alternator to the deep cycle and then the inverter?

Egon

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

That's a good idea, but the more I think about it I just may run the inverter off the deep cycle battery alone. I think it will easily run the inverter for an hour or so if it's fully charged.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

The alternaotr puts out 15amps. Interesting that it actually puts out single phase alternating current, which is rectified in the transistor type regulator.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Unless you've got a huge amount of lights, running both batteries in parallel on the tractor electrical system w/ the invertor hooked in shouldn't be too bad. If your alternator is 15 amps , and both batteries are charged up good, sounds like a good float.

How many watts is the inverter? Small ( 150 )?

If you've got an ammeter on the tractor, just keep an eye on it. If you are worried that it will be charging at max for too long, rig a isolation switch between the second battery and the tractor system... switch it in and out periodically to give the deep cycle a bit of a rest.

Soundguy

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

It's a 300 watt inverter, but I'm only running a string of 100 mini lights. Unfortunately, I just found out that the parade is for "non-motorized" participants only.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif[/img]

Well then, I guess that battery is going to get awful heavy with
    you running alongside the float with it strapped to your back.

Platinum Member

I LIKED THAT ONE!!!

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

Naw, the tough part will be me pulling my 16' flatbed trailer with 20 kids on it!! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Platinum Member

I sure hope you can run fast if you get on a down hill slope!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast