1510 D help

/ 1510 D help #1  

harley

Hello gentlemen and ladies if any present, I am new to this forum, ( have been following all the post for about a month now ) and I bought (traded) an 1510 D about 2 months ago and I could not be happier. I traded an international 404 for it and it was the best trade I ever made. This little tractor has more power than I would have ever figured.
With all of that out of the way I have some rather simple qeustions, so I will number them as follows:
1: Right between my legs there is a twist valve for adjusting the hydroulic flow, what exactly does it adjust? and what are the adjustments. I.E. all the way out does what, all the way in does what etc.
2: on the right side ( when sitting on it ) there is another one of these valves, down on the side of the frame ulmost directly down from the leading edge of the seat. I beleive this controls the 3 point but could use some quidence on what it is for and how one wishes to adjust it.
3: Under the seat at the very back and on top there is a removeable screw plastic plug. I am assumeing this is where one wants to add hydroulic fluid? If not please clairify for me as to where all these things are at, as I am at this time unable to read Japanese. ( if this is for fluid, how full should it be).
4: This tractor has the shuttle shift ( shift gears without using clutch ) I assumeing it works off of the hydroulic system, what grade of fluid does one want to use with this tractor.
5: Does anyone have a john deer part number for oil filter or a mobile 1 number?
Thanks for any input in advance, and in the near future I will be looking for mannuals etc.

/ 1510 D help #2  
Harley,
Welcome to the forum! The knob between your legs is to lock the three point. You can use it to adjust how fast the three point goes down but it is designed to lock the three point in the up or down position (not sure why you would want to. I guess for safety reasons?). The plastic plug is where you add the hyd. oil. It is also a vent, however, and if it has been replaced with a plug you should really get a vent put in it. The 1510 is a really great tractor, as you have figured out. I think you will be very happy with it. If you do need some manuals in the future; we have them all.

/ 1510 D help #3  
Oil filter: NAPA 1334
Air Filter: WIX 46270
Fuel Filter: NAPA 3262
Great tractor!
Jim

/ 1510 D help #4  
I'll answer these as they would apply to the YM186 (which is the domestic equivalent of the YM1510 grey).
1. The knob under the front of the seat locks the three point in position (closed/locked should be all the way in).
2. The knob on the right side adjusts the down speed of the three point. This should be adjusted depending on the weight of the three point implement to get the drop speed you desire.
3. Yes, this is for the transhydraulic fluid. My 186 has a dipstick (I believe on the left rear side of the housing) with a little rubber knob top to show the proper level of the fluid.
4. The power shift is a hydraulic clutch pack that uses the same fluid as the transmission and hydraulic system. Any fluid that meets the JD303 spec should work fine.
5. I use the Purolator L14459 (I think that's right) but anything that crosses to the Fram PH3593A should fit. I wouldn't recommend Fram but you can find several crosses in the Fram thread on this same forum.
The YM186 manuals will be the closest available in English. If you monitor eBay, you might find yourself a bargain on a manual. I got two of my three manuals that way.