Steering Wheel

/ Steering Wheel #1  

lott1057

Tractor
Yanmar 2000
Ok, my big city butt has learned something. Never pull yourself up onto the tractor by the steering wheel. Mine broke off! I all fairness to my weight, I think it was broke some before I got it, I just helped the rest of it break. The three welds inside are all broke.

Is there any other model steering wheel that will fit? Have any of you had to replace a steering wheel. Any recommendation on how to fix it?

Oh, and I have learned, pull yourself up by the shaft on the steering wheel and lose weight.

/ Steering Wheel #2  
Why not just order a YM2000 steering wheel?

/ Steering Wheel #3  
You think he wants to know were to get one of those them there Golden Silvery Fancy Dancy City one's do yeah. :laughing:

Carey

/ Steering Wheel #4  
Hmmmm! did it break at the hub? the Old steering wheel from my tractor sure had taken some abuse over the years by the looks of it being egg shaped, but I can't think how anyone could break one:confused:if you are heavy enough to break a steering wheel then you must be good size fellow:D I'm not shrimp myself and found that I could use some extra space around the steering area, I change to a smaller and deeper wheel from a newer Yanmar, looks more size off a lawn tractor steering wheel rather then a garden tractor, I'm sure not built as heavy duty as the old ones, but its been on for over 1 year and still working, Maybe your 2000 had this newer type steering whell on it?
I'm still in search for a hub cover to fit it as the old one would not fit,:cool:

Last edited:
   / Steering Wheel #5  
Deep Dirt, Hoye has several steering wheel caps. Have you tried them?