off road diesel or regular diesel

/ off road diesel or regular diesel #1  
Tractor
satoh st1620 4cyl diesel
got the yanmar ym2010 haven't had a chance to really run it yet too cold. should i run regular diesel or off road diesel, thanks.

Attachments

• DSCN5612[1].jpg
    DSCN5612[1].jpg
    824.3 KB · Views: 415
   / off road diesel or regular diesel #2  
Yup what he said only the price and color I use red because I can. :D

/ off road diesel or regular diesel #3  
I'll repeat what the others said. there the same thing only difference is that the offroad is dyed red to be used in non taxible senarios, like off the road applications like marine applications, generators, dirtworks equiptment and ag applications. So there is no tax on it.

That being said, in the past and still in areas where i live offroad deisel is Low sulpher deisel(150ppm) and on road is Ultra low sulfer deisel (15 ppm). Both are ok in your tractor as it was designed to run on high sulfer deisel. The off road is prolly better as it has more lubrication qualites and more energy per gallon. But no need to worry or ask and frive all over to get it the ULSD is fine.

/ off road diesel or regular diesel
thanks for the help. wasn't sure if it could be ran off this ulsd. i use both in my mitsubishi, just depends on if i can get offroad or not sometimes its hard to comeby around here. :thumbsup:

/ off road diesel or regular diesel #5  
thanks for the help. wasn't sure if it could be ran off this ulsd. i use both in my mitsubishi, just depends on if i can get offroad or not sometimes its hard to comeby around here. :thumbsup:

Or go down to the place and pick up some diesel fuel additive. Anti-gel and lubricity. A five dollar bottle will last a long time.
rScotty

/ off road diesel or regular diesel #6  
Or go down to the place and pick up some diesel fuel additive. Anti-gel and lubricity. A five dollar bottle will last a long time.
rScotty

Agreed. Fuel lubricated injection pumps like the additives with the ULSD.

/ off road diesel or regular diesel #7  
Agreed. Fuel lubricated injection pumps like the additives with the ULSD.

even cheaper way to do it, run 300:1 of 2 stroke oil in the diesel. i do this for my landcruiser,1500 and now the YM14. takes care of low lubricity ULSD.use the non marine type also.

/ off road diesel or regular diesel #8  
Neat 1500, what do you mean by "non-marine type?" How did you come up with 300:1 as the mixing ratio? I'm just curious.

/ off road diesel or regular diesel #9  
Neat 1500, what do you mean by "non-marine type?" How did you come up with 300:1 as the mixing ratio? I'm just curious.

Hes talking about 2stroke oil. There is TCW3 oil and regular 2stroke oil. The TCW is Two-Cycle Water cooled oil designed to fully combust at lower temperatures cause of the water cooled heads from the lake that operate at a lower temp than saw a chainsaw or a weedwacker that is cooled with outside air.

That said, I would think you would want the marine type so that it will fully combust at a low temp and not coke up on your valves. Which is what will happen if you use air cooled oil in your outboard, cause its not hotenough in the engine!

/ off road diesel or regular diesel #10  
I'm not a tractor owner (yet), but I run Power Service in my diesel Jetta. They say ULSD (in the US) is some of the worst when it comes to "scar factor." I use gray bottle of PS, but white bottle has anti-gel stuff in it. Wal-mart and other chain auto stores have it. Not expensive at all.

Also, if you can get your hands on B100 and mix in about a qt. / 15 gallons or so (only know this because car fuel tank is 14.5 gals), it will provide superior lubricity. This coming from some TDi geeks :)