Tractor
    Yanmar 2210D

Default Trans Hydraulic Screen 2210D

Think I've found the screen - but I can't get the cover plate off. Is it 3 screws facing the left side (if sitting on ractor)? I could not free this cover from the transmission. It is on the opposite side if the trasmission from a hydraulic line - when I took off this line I could look into a cylindrical "screen".
    Maybe a little heat and a new o ring?

thanks - Happy Holidays!!

Tractor
    Yanmars = Fx235- F255- FX335-D - hinomoto JF1 New Holland 7610 Branson 3510 tlb

Default Re: Trans Hydraulic Screen 2210D

I would not use heat .
    Try a screw driver, or a flat end punch to remove it
    try tapping it with a small hammer & pry it off gently
    Heat might damage the housing around it or warp it.
    Be careful, and it will pop right off
    Ps . have a BIG pan underneath of it !

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Don't ask me how I know this, but it isn't too hard to break these caps. If it is cast, be careful. I'd tap on it a little with a small hammer, then take a putty knife and work it in around the edges (with the hammer if need be), then something slightly thicker, working it out evenly.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar

PB Blaster...it's the answer to everything. And yes, I do put it on my oatmeal in the morning. Those caps are usually on with something resembling the hard drying permatex. Soak with PB overnight if possible, then do the thin screwdriver or chisel thing around the edges. More PB as you get ANY opening or separation. I have never broken one, but it can certainly be done. Prying is the way...just gently use that thin chisel to get under the edge.
    Then clean both surfaces and put it back on with RTV silicone, so it's more easily removed next time.

Tractor
    Iseki TA 207

I just did one last week. The cover has a round lip that goes inside the main housing of the tractor. It has a slot and o ring.
    If it is stuck, tap on the side of the housing so as to make it rotate, that will help break the hold on the round area. It isn't just a flat plate. It has to come out even and straight. And PB WILL cure everything.

Tractor
    Yanmar 2210D

Thanks for the help!!!!!