Yanmar Tiller

/ Yanmar Tiller #1  

Smooth

Tractor
Kubota L2800
This is my first tiller I have purchase and I see a number on the side of it and it say RS1400K. So I guess its a Yanmar Tiller. I paid 350 dollars I think I got a good deal. Cause these tiller are going for 800 dollars and up. The only thing it need is a black dirt flap. Is there something I can use for that. Like can I cut a piece of metal from a drum or something. I will post some pictures in a day or two. And the oil is ok in the side dip stick side, and the oil on the top where the PTO shaft is, it don't show any on the dip stick. So what kind of oil do it use.

/ Yanmar Tiller #2  
90 wt gear oil. I suggest drain and refill it. I think everyone who did this, found water below the oil.

I filled my RS1400 until the dipstick in the center showed ok. It doesn't have a dipstick at the gear case, but this put the oil level up to the middle of the top gear.

And pull the cover from the offside bearing to inspect it. Repack with wheel bearing grease if it looks ok, or replace the bearing (a standard metric bearing) if rusty, seized, etc.

These have a decal saying they were specifically intended for YM2000 (20 hp at the pto, 24 engine hp).

The back flap just stops thrown dirt, and smooths the output. I expect near anything would do. A sheet metal shop (air conditioning ductwork) might build one cheap.

In fact it would be interesting to hear what it does without the flap! It might be tolerable, I don't know. But in that case I wouldn't run the pto above 540 rpm. Or till near a window, car, people, etc.

/ Yanmar Tiller
I will be using a Kubota L2800 tractor, I hope it will pull it...

/ Yanmar Tiller #4  
I have a 2000 and use a RS1400 with it and I've used a L2800 a good friend owned. You should be fine. Most of my flaps are missing I never had a problem or had a need to make them bigger. Works great for me ;)

Attachments

• tractor%2520010[1][1].jpg
    tractor%2520010[1][1].jpg
    755.1 KB · Views: 505