the back flap on yanmar tiller and top link

/ the back flap on yanmar tiller and top link #1  

Smooth

Tractor
Kubota L2800
I just got a RS1400 tiller haven't use it yet. It don't have the back flap, so do i really need the back flap. If I do where can I buy one from. Also when I raise it up all the way it hit the back tire. I have heard of a special top link bracket. Do anybody have the measurement of that piece. So I could get one make.

/ the back flap on yanmar tiller and top link #2  
I just got a RS1400 tiller haven't use it yet. It don't have the back flap, so do i really need the back flap. If I do where can I buy one from. Also when I raise it up all the way it hit the back tire. I have heard of a special top link bracket. Do anybody have the measurement of that piece. So I could get one make.

My RS1200 back flap was a shredded mess, so I trimmed it a little. The flap is there to smooth out the tilled soil after the tiller digs it up.

DSCF0210 (Small).JPG

I had to use the 35" long lower lift arms off my Massey Ferguson 135 tractor since the 25" arms on my Kubota B7510HST caused the wheel rubbing problem you have. I also installed a slip clutch on the pto shaft and had to add a pto extender on the tiller to keep the slip clutch from rubbing on the top sheet metal on the tiller. I bought the shortest pto shaft from TSC and then trimmed it to get everything to fit.

DSCF0211 (Small).JPG

/ the back flap on yanmar tiller and top link #3  
Don't know where you are located. LCI Products in Wills Point Tx used to have a pretty good pile of Yanmar tillers. They sold parts off some of them. Haven't been by there in a while so not sure they are still there. I believe the in the Northwest Erinies Imports may have them. In the Southeast Fredericks may have them. And I'm sure there are other places. I just made a short top link for my tiller and have been using it for several years. Mine is an RS1200.

Attachments

• 100_0954.jpg
    100_0954.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 534
  • 100_2150.jpg
    100_2150.jpg
    679.1 KB · Views: 581
   / the back flap on yanmar tiller and top link #4  
Yanmar has their tiller close coupled and if a factory type upper link isn't used, you will likely hit the rear tires with the tiller.

Look closely at the pic and you can see the upper link and how short the bar is. It attaches to a special upper link extension and when all connected, when the tiller is in the up position the bar is almost vert. The extension piece comes in various models to fit different tractor models. The special upper link is designed so as the tiller is lifted or lowered it pivots about the lower link mounts.

Depending upon tiller and tractor model the rear flap is used in conjunction with the UFO controls to automatically control the tiller depth.

As Winston mentions, Ernie is a good place to check as he usually has spares of a lot of parts. Ernie is also one of the GOOD GUYS in the Yanmar market.

Attachments

• top link.jpg
    top link.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 980
   / the back flap on yanmar tiller and top link #5  
What is the difference in the rs1200 and the rs1400 tillers?

/ the back flap on yanmar tiller and top link #7  
I believe that the 1400 is also gear drive and the 1200 is chain drive--I am not an expert in these things but that is what I think.

it may also be that the 1400 is 3pt and the 1200 is a 2pt hook up--again that may not be universally true.

Mike

/ the back flap on yanmar tiller and top link #8  
I am curious as just what designates chain or gear drive. My RS1300 is a gear drive.

/ the back flap on yanmar tiller and top link #10  
When I bought my 1400 there was no rear flap. I ended up making one out of 3/16 steel plate and attached 2 chains to the flap and attached the other end of the chain to the cross bar that used to work the wheels. The sheet is flat and does a great job of smoothing the tilled soil, I think the extra weight helps.