Tractor News Looks like a good price for some one

/ Looks like a good price for some one #21  
Clemsonfor, I can't argue this, I would however like someone to confirm or show specs on an optional 3 cylinder in the 1700, if had it been a 1702 I could see it having a 3 cyl. ,:cool: or could be possible the engine had been changed out to the latter model 3 cylinder,

There seems to be some physical differences in some of the 1700,
example: mine has the white backing with black lettering on the hood, and the one in this ad shows the black backing with white lettering, I suppose could be changes in the year make, I understand that the 1700 were made between years '75-'79 and then the 1702 came in to replace the 1700 around '80 or '81, and it has the 3 cylinder,

The two different vn rebuilders use both stickers. Its just who cuts the vynal.

/ Looks like a good price for some one #22  
well there ya go :thumbsup:
how you been carey? You get your garden tilled this season? as for me I have yet to find a rotor tiller attachment for mine,:cool: I have however found a cool yard tractor with a rotor tiller attachment, it seems to do the job well, ;) perhaps i can find someone who might make a trade:D yard tractor & tiller for a 3 pnt rotor tiller,.. of course some cash to boot :thumbsup:

Sempefly, I'd say 4-k with only a Scrape blade is a bit on the high side for a 1700,... Can it be purchased without the blade? if so! ask for how much? Being it does have a factory built ROPS installed would bring the price up by around 600-800 in cost, I wish there were some sort of value chart such as NADA car value to go by when buying a tractor,
as it is we have to establish the cost by certain things like how many hours? it's physical & running condition? and by the value of the attachments that comes with one, IMO only the average going price for a good condition 1700 with approx 500 hours should be around 2400-2800 add the ROPS for the total cost of 3400, used scrape blades around here can be purchased for 150-250
BTW- back when I bought my 1700 the owner was asking 2500 with a brush cutter,( bush hog) I ask how much without the cutter, He said 2100 and is when I purchased it :thumbsup: it took me a while to come up with a cutter although when I found one, it was almost New rarely used and is a much better quality cutter for 250.00 ..................
I must say though I am a bit of a horse trader and don't get in any hurry when trading,:D

Deep, that ROPS is not worth $600 if it is indeed like mine. If its one the VN guys sell they get about $300 retail i think and i got mine for $200 when i bought the tractor.

/ Looks like a good price for some one #23  
Deep, that ROPS is not worth $600 if it is indeed like mine. If its one the VN guys sell they get about $300 retail i think and i got mine for $200 when i bought the tractor.

Back when I was pricing a new ROPS for my Ym they were 500 + shipping,
So I used this price as an example only, I couldn't find a 200 dollar ROPS,
so I done what I could afford to do..which was to Improvise;) most of us know the rest of the story:D

/ Looks like a good price for some one #24  
Doing Good DND. Your welcome to use mine if you need to. I've already done the Garden. and it looks Great. By the way Spalding said the yanmar tillers won't be as available as they have been for him. I know He gets his from Fredricks so I wonder whats up with that. I seen you've been talking to Clemsonfor You know your one of the Two.:laughing::laughing:

Carey

Thanks for the offer, I might would have taken you up on it last week :thumbsup: although now I have the garden in pretty decent shape, each year I keep adding more and more top soil into mixing with the red clay, But the red clay still seems to overwhelm the top soil with clumping/clods, I did notice this season that the dirt is a more darker almost brown look now, It grows good peppers and tomatoes, Thats all I really care about, I've seen some of your photos and that tiller you have is the trick;) Did Fredericks say that it's due to the mishap in Japan reason not being able to get them? I've heard quite a lot of things are not going to be available now, last night announce on the news that some car parts are not going to be available,:cool:

/ Looks like a good price for some one #25  
Thanks for the offer, I might would have taken you up on it last week :thumbsup: although now I have the garden in pretty decent shape, each year I keep adding more and more top soil into mixing with the red clay, But the red clay still seems to overwhelm the top soil with clumping/clods, I did notice this season that the dirt is a more darker almost brown look now, It grows good peppers and tomatoes, Thats all I really care about, I've seen some of your photos and that tiller you have is the trick;) Did Fredericks say that it's due to the mishap in Japan reason not being able to get them? I've heard quite a lot of things are not going to be available now, last night announce on the news that some car parts are not going to be available,:cool:

Did not even think about that. Think of how many Yanmars were flooded when that tsunami hit what they were calling the rural northern part of japan where there was farming and rice fields!!! Maybe we will see more and cheaper tractors at the VN dealers as there will be more of a supply??:laughing: I doubt any problems with supply of tillers even today would be a result of the disaster, those things are shipped on ships and at least would take 3-5 days id imagine to get to the west coat, then get through customs then be trucked to the south on an 18 wheeler.