Need a Yanmar

/ Need a Yanmar #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hello, I am a new member, but I've been reading posts for a while now. The old low boy finally died and I need a tractor. I've decided on a Yanmar and can use input from dealers and owners. The work I'll be doing requires the tractor to handle a 4 ft. brush cutter a snow plow and it would be handy if the tractor could run a posthole digger. I need some help finding an honest dealer out of state, because there doesn't seem to be any in Maryland. I have about $3,500.00 to spend but the wife says this better be it for a few years. Well let me have it good and bad. Thanks for any help. Bob (lazydoglane@comcast.net)

/ Need a Yanmar #2  
I paid $2500 for my YM1700, a 4ft brush hog, and a 4ft box blade. It showed around 800 hours on it...looks clean enough to be close to that. The only things I have had to do or need to do are: I had to replace my verticals on the 3pt...bad weld job along the line somewhere!! and my right side brake needs adjusting...still need to do that...oh, yeah, had to put a new seat on...didn't like the ripped vinyl look!! I bought it from a small dealer and I have been more than happy with it.

/ Need a Yanmar
Thanks I'll look them up. Has anybody else had any dealings with them?

/ Need a Yanmar
Gary,Thanks for your reply. Physically how big is the 1700?Was it a local dealer? I don't have a problem with trucking it's the sight unseen that scares me. Bob

/ Need a Yanmar #6  
Bob, that is my 1700 that I just got from a local dealer...not sure what he still has...he had a 2000? I think when I was there last...shipping from Oklahoma would be pretty high from what I have seen....I just was letting you know that there are some really good deals out there if you know enough about mechanicals to check them out...The guy I bought from is a semi-retired HVAC person who has dealt tractors on the side for years.

/ Need a Yanmar #7  
Bob,
Nice to hear another person on here from Maryland. Anyways, you may want to try Beverage Tractor Sales in Stuarts Draft Virginia. Back in 1998 or 1999 he had a great selection of grey market yanmars, kubota's and satoh/mits. He prices were reasonable and all tractors were gone over prior to sale so he warrented them for 6 months.

I did not buy from him, I was new to the whole compact tractor scene and did know squat about them - I may still not. I ended up being a sucessful bidder on a Satoh S-370D from a local University. Oh BTW they were willing to deliver free of charge to western Maryland so that was another plus (about 1hr and45 min. Drive).

Hope this helps, Shawn

/ Need a Yanmar #8  
I bought a Yanmar 1702d from them a year or so ago. I didn't really haggle over the price because I thought it was a fair deal considering he was delivering it to my house. I got the tractor with a 5' rear blade and a 48" bushhog for around $4000. It showed 600 hrs on it and it ran great. I traded just the tractor in on my Kubota BX22 and the dealer gave me $4200 for it on trade-in. It is still at Dinwiddie Tractor in Dinwiddie, VA. I can honestly say I'd buy it back if I needed another small tractor.

/ Need a Yanmar #9  
Manganos
I just read your bio
I wish you were my neighbor !!
Ernie <><