Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need a Yanmar

Hello, I am a new member, but I've been reading posts for a while now. The old low boy finally died and I need a tractor. I've decided on a Yanmar and can use input from dealers and owners. The work I'll be doing requires the tractor to handle a 4 ft. brush cutter a snow plow and it would be handy if the tractor could run a posthole digger. I need some help finding an honest dealer out of state, because there doesn't seem to be any in Maryland. I have about $3,500.00 to spend but the wife says this better be it for a few years. Well let me have it good and bad. Thanks for any help. Bob (lazydoglane@comcast.net)

Default Re: Need a Yanmar

I paid $2500 for my YM1700, a 4ft brush hog, and a 4ft box blade. It showed around 800 hours on it...looks clean enough to be close to that. The only things I have had to do or need to do are: I had to replace my verticals on the 3pt...bad weld job along the line somewhere!! and my right side brake needs adjusting...still need to do that...oh, yeah, had to put a new seat on...didn't like the ripped vinyl look!! I bought it from a small dealer and I have been more than happy with it.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar FX24D replaced with Massey GC2400

You might try Reggie Ferguson in Emporia, VA
    http://www.fergusonequipmentcompany.com/

Thanks I'll look them up. Has anybody else had any dealings with them?

Gary,Thanks for your reply. Physically how big is the 1700?Was it a local dealer? I don't have a problem with trucking it's the sight unseen that scares me. Bob

Bob, that is my 1700 that I just got from a local dealer...not sure what he still has...he had a 2000? I think when I was there last...shipping from Oklahoma would be pretty high from what I have seen....I just was letting you know that there are some really good deals out there if you know enough about mechanicals to check them out...The guy I bought from is a semi-retired HVAC person who has dealt tractors on the side for years.

Tractor
    Sath S-370

Bob,
    Nice to hear another person on here from Maryland. Anyways, you may want to try Beverage Tractor Sales in Stuarts Draft Virginia. Back in 1998 or 1999 he had a great selection of grey market yanmars, kubota's and satoh/mits. He prices were reasonable and all tractors were gone over prior to sale so he warrented them for 6 months.

I did not buy from him, I was new to the whole compact tractor scene and did know squat about them - I may still not. I ended up being a sucessful bidder on a Satoh S-370D from a local University. Oh BTW they were willing to deliver free of charge to western Maryland so that was another plus (about 1hr and45 min. Drive).

Hope this helps, Shawn

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2516

I bought a Yanmar 1702d from them a year or so ago. I didn't really haggle over the price because I thought it was a fair deal considering he was delivering it to my house. I got the tractor with a 5' rear blade and a 48" bushhog for around $4000. It showed 600 hrs on it and it ran great. I traded just the tractor in on my kubota BX22 and the dealer gave me $4200 for it on trade-in. It is still at Dinwiddie Tractor in Dinwiddie, VA. I can honestly say I'd buy it back if I needed another small tractor.

Tractor
    Yanmars = Fx235- F255- FX33 - hinomoto JF1 New Holland 7610 Branson 3510 tlb

Manganos
    I just read your bio
    I wish you were my neighbor !!
    Ernie <><

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2516

You must have a need for a backhoe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast