Silver Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM180D

Default YM180D electrical wires; rear signal lights & mystery wires

Im resurecting the electrical wires post.

... now for these wires;despite running new wires and getting a test light to work on the rear singal lights; the lights still dont work, I managed to fix the front left head light that was very dim (the plug was corroded) heres a pic of some dangling wires and a jumpered plug (I suspect to jumpered bypass the neutral safty on the shift plate.

1 red dangling wire?

2 Black dangling wire?

The existing plug wires ...

3 yellow; rear worklight wire ...

4 Black / white jumpered in the plug ; Im assuming neutral safty bypass

5 green / red - rear flashing lights; I reconnected and a test light worked; but not the 2 bulbs ....they look good ... I'll have to get extra bulbs but they look perfect ...

6 when I throttle back the engine chugges and turning off the key dosent killthe engine ...

any experiance / ideas?

YM180D electrical wires; rear signal lights & mystery wires-wires-ym180d.jpg

Tractor
    Yanmar YM180D

Default Re: YM180D electrical wires; rear signal lights & mystery wires

Dave,
    On my 180D the key doesn't kill the engine. I pull the throttle back until it feels like it stops, then a little more. That "little more" is what shuts the fuel off. Don't forget to push it forward before you try to start it again. My tractor is all covered up right now but if I get a chance I will look at my wires.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM180D

Quote Originally Posted by Dave79 View Post
    Dave,
    On my 180D the key doesn't kill the engine. I pull the throttle back until it feels like it stops, then a little more. That "little more" is what shuts the fuel off. Don't forget to push it forward before you try to start it again. My tractor is all covered up right now but if I get a chance I will look at my wires.
    Thanks Dave; you have a 180D!?! wow I thought I was the only one ... lol

check it out please and take and post a pic or 2 with thanks!

Cheers a BC dave

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Quote Originally Posted by BC Dave View Post
    when I throttle back the engine chugges and turning off the key dosent kill the engine ... any experience / ideas?
    I had to add a spring to make my YM186D (same design??) shut off at zero throttle. Adjusting the throttle lever longer didn't help. It needed this upward pull to reach shutdown.

This photo is looking straight down.

(Incidentally, the photo also shows the unused 'pull-to-kill-engine' second lever behind the governor lever, that was discussed in a different thread recently.)

Tractor
    Yanmar YM180D

Ya there is another 180D owner out there. I saw 2 others on craigs list in the last year so that makes 4 of us :-).Anyway I looked at my wires today. I have the same red wire that is connected to nothing. Everything on my tractor works so I don't know what it does. I think that your right with the bypassed safety. That's what mine seems to go to. As for the other dangling wires...I don't know but I don't have any bullet connectors on any of my wires. I hope this helps.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM180D

dave 79 "I saw 2 others 180's on craigs list in the last year ..." and I bought one of them ... in Feb 11 ... and you have dangling red and black wires too; wiered; humph? Thanks for looking ... I need to run some more tests; but Im a little less worried and assured that somethings not disconnected ....

California; yes; I think you posted this in another thread; I'll add a spring also and / or I'll hook up the grey market governor arm kill cable just below the throttle arm ... great idea; I'm looking for a spring that would reach; also I was hoping to attach to the extra governor arm and forward to around the rad; but your attachment would collect less dirt ... hummm

thanks and ... "Ride on" folks ...