Buying Advice Looking for a good price

/ Looking for a good price #11  
Old Hillbilly, welcome to the forum. It's good of you to speak up and vouch for a dealer, and it's good to hear of someone being upfront and honest about things. I hope he stays in business a long time. I've got what I suspect is a Vietnamese reconditioned 1401D. It's the best machine I've got, and has been the least trouble. There are good ones out there.

As you said, there have been some that aren't good, at all. By reports, the way dealers have sometimes conducted themselves after the sale sometimes makes things worse. For me, if I had a dealer like the one you described, with a history of selling a product and following up well, I would feel much more comfortable doing business with him, especially at a local (or reasonable driving distance at least) level.

Do you have any pictures of your new FX32?

Also, and this is meant with the best of intentions and as kindly as possible, please use paragraphs next time! :laughing: You had a terrific post, but I'm afraid some might skip over it just because it all runs together. No hard feelings, at all, and again, welcome!:thumbsup:

/ Looking for a good price #12  
i also bought a Vn machine and have had no trouble with it in 2 years. i thought i would have broken something or something would have failed but nothing(hopefully i havent mozzed myself now) i dont treat it kindly(it gets a fair flogging) and it has been brilliant. my dealer was sort of truthful, he said they are good machines but never told me where it came from,i found that out myself.even the literature they gave me mentions nothing of Vn reconditioning.

/ Looking for a good price #13  
Thanks for the welcome 284 International...and the constructive criticism. It has been a long long time since I studied writing but I seem to remember my teacher telling me to not start a new paragraph until I changed thoughts and since my post only covered one thought, I ran it all together. I actually thought about breaking it up as I was writing but it turned out so long I hated to take up more space...anyway, you are right....so I went back and broke it up at random.

I failed to mention that the reason I went with the FX series is that I am diabled and my ability to walk grows less and less each day. Getting on a tractor is extremely difficult for me and I have to use a small ladder to do it. Once on it, I do fine....especially with the platform deck of the FX series which is what attracted me to it along with several built in hand-holds on the tractor and loader. I also love the power shift. Thanks again for the welcome.

Here is a picture of it.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 170
   / Looking for a good price #14  
That's a terrific looking machine. I'm glad you're able to use it, too. A great uncle built a step/platform that he left beside where he parked the tractor. It was more stable for him than the ladder, and easier to scale. Just a thought.

You paragraphs look good, and flow much better now. It's easy to read. I can't help myself sometimes, so thanks for your patience with me.

This forum, especially the Yanmar portion, is a good place. You will be a good resource, too, for those of us needing advice or assistance restoring some of these things back to working condition. I look forward to it.

/ Looking for a good price #15  
Nice looking tractor there Old Hillbilly welcome to the Yanmar forum! :thumbsup:

/ Looking for a good price #16  
I have spoken with that concord dealer as well when I was looking to buy a yanmar, he was upfront about the origin and told me about going through different vn distributors until he started getting quality machines. Even though I didn't purchase a tractor from him I will have to say hillbilly is making correct statements.

/ Looking for a good price #17  
284 International.... Thanks. Thanks to my wife I have already picked out several places here on the farm where I can build something permanent or semi-permanent to act as a step. She thinks like your great uncle. They FX32 has a good step up on it and I thought about even welding one up to place down a little lower.

Car Doc.....thank you sir.

Smoody.... Glad to know I was right in my assessment of him. He told me he actually sells most of his tractors to folks in South Carolina.

/ Looking for a good price #18  
Old Hillbilly, I bought one from him also for the same reasons you stated. I had a problem with a leaking cylinder on the loader. I called him about it and had a new replacement within 24 hours. I have over 100 hours on the unit now. So far, so good. Welcome to the forum.

/ Looking for a good price #19  
Thanks KV60. He struck me as the type guy that would stand behind what he sells...glad to hear he took care of you. Since you are in Rock Hill he is just up the road for you! He must sell quite a few down that way. Takes me close to 2 1/2 hours to get to his place from up here in the hills. If it ever quits snowing here I hope to get a little work done with mine.

/ Looking for a good price #20  
In his area in NC there is a lot of money and mini farms, they prolly all buy green or new orange tractors. In SC we seem to have less and do with less, just my assessment. I hate the NC $$ coming down around my place and driving all the deer leases out of us locals reach.