Tractor News I think my 1610D seized!!!!

/ I think my 1610D seized!!!! #1  

Acre Garden

Tractor
Mahindra 1533
Long story short, tried to start 鼎lick? Used battery car booster 鼎lick? Pulled covers attached breaker bar to crank shaft bolt, no movement. Now what? Had it for only 3 yrs. :(

/ I think my 1610D seized!!!! #2  
Would seem it is time to open her up, most seem to recommend pan off first. Did this just come on suddenly with no symtoms? :(

/ I think my 1610D seized!!!!
I used it last fall, parked it, and tried to start it this spring.

/ I think my 1610D seized!!!! #4  
Tractors don't break just sitting there, it may be stuck but I doubt it is seized.

Stuck? How do I unstick?

/ I think my 1610D seized!!!! #6  
Did it set outside where water might have got in the exhaust? Might pull the injectors and spray some penetrating oil in there and let set awhile. Make sure when you do try to turn the engine you pull the compression release in case there is liquid on top the pistons. Liquid won't compress. How much force did you put on the breaker bar?

Uh, yes. Sorry, I do not have a barn.
The exhaust pipe is broken also. So maybe it did get water in there.
I did pull the pressure release in the event it was a vapor lock.

/ I think my 1610D seized!!!! #8  
Time to fill the cylinders with Marvell Mystery Oil and let it soak. That should break the rust free if that's what it is.

While that is going on, pull the starter and have it checked for functionality.

/ I think my 1610D seized!!!! #9  
Acre Garden, I think Winston was asking about the potential for water getting into the engine as a diagnostic thing, not to judge your storage methods. If motor has probably gotten into the engine, the procedure to fix it will go differently than if the clutch disk is frozen and the tractor is in gear. (Just in case, make sure you're in neutral.)

If the exhaust gets water into it, sometimes it drips down into the cylinders and sits. Check the oil before you do much else. If it is up above normal, there is definitely water in the lower end. Over time (and it doesn't take that long) the rings and cylinder walls rust together, and stick. Pulling the injectors will give you a direct shot into the cylinders. Spraying a penetrating oil in there can sometimes loosen up the rust, and let the engine move.

The injectors have two bolts on a retaining plate that fasten them down, like 17 in this picture , though this is off the next smaller tractor than yours.

Sometimes the injectors are impossible to remove without a puller. Don't try to use vise-grips to mangle it out. You can rent the pullers from Hoye; other places locally may have them too. You may have to pull the cylinder head, which isn't that hard, to clean out the rust. Before trying that, if the injectors won't come out, pull off the exhaust manifold. You can probably thread the straw of your oil spray up the exhaust port.

With the valve cover off, press down on the exhaust valve stems one at a time and blast away. Let it settle in, repeat. Then give the oil time to work. It may give you enough to break the engine free.

Good luck. These are excellent little machines, and relatively easy to work on. You'll be able to get through it.

/ I think my 1610D seized!!!! #10  
a freind who is a better mechanic than i ever will be told me once that a siezed diesel is usually a siezed valve.I think he said he takes off the valve covers and gives each valve a tap and voila ! He always makes things sound simple.