Did I get an odd ball?

/ Did I get an odd ball? #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have been reading alot of the posts here and I have started to notice that there are several tractor models mentioned. I have yet to see any mention of the model I have. It is a Yanmar YM3000. I had started to purchase a 2210 with powershift. But my wife saw the 3000 and bought it instead. She liked that it was bigger. It was the largest tractor on the lot. I saw on one fourm a listing of specs on Yanmar. The YM300 only had one year listed 1977. It also said it had 33HP. The dealer said it had 35.
So do I have an oddball?
TOOLS

/ Did I get an odd ball? #2  
Hi Tools,
I have never heard of a ym 3000
If you are unhappy with it,would the dealer let you trade it back in for the 2210?
I know that parts are more easily attainable for the 2210.
Its whatever you are happy with that counts
Ernie <><

/ Did I get an odd ball? #3  
We all got oddballs, just some are odder than others. I have a 2310, really do love the powershift. (Especially right now since my clutch has quit disengaging. The powershift has allowed me to start and move the tractor. I was able to pull the engine out of my IH3414 backhoe with the boompole on the back of the Yanmar to replace the pressure plate on the Oliver 66 gas motor that was installed in the IH by a previous owner (really an oddball there)).

If I am correct the 3000 is an almost exact match for the biggest JD model that yanmar made for them, I believe it was the JD1050. If so then you have a much simpler solution to the parts issue than some of us. I seem to remember reading something about the similiarities on the old Yahoo site. Do not remember the thread it was in.

Also as a sideline the 2210 is the only 2 cylinder powershift model made by Yanmar. Another oddball.

/ Did I get an odd ball? #4  
Clifst2310, I believe Yanmar made a YM1110 that was also a two-cylinder power-shift. Yanmar trivia.

/ Did I get an odd ball? #5  
The YM3000 is not an oddball and is a very nice tractor. It and the YM2500 were both built for just one year. Why? I have no idea. One oddity about it though. It, the 2500, 2200, and 2700 were only built in 2 wheel drive models. Again I don't know why. They are nice tractors though.

/ Did I get an odd ball?
Tools, I've sold a lot of the YM3000, they are a nice tractor.HP about 34 engine, very close to the 950 JD.
Danny

/ Did I get an odd ball? #7  
You are absolutely correct - Yanmar did make a YM1110 and YM1110D. I have two YM1110D's and they are two cylinder powershift, no waterpump, about 13 engine hp. I just finished repairing the front axle on one, and drove it under its own power for the first time yesterday. What a fantastic little tractor. I plan to use it in the woods when cutting and hauling firewood. I may even try to build a belly mower for it.

/ Did I get an odd ball? #8  
I agree with tractors4u and dcp. I have seen quite a few.
Mike

/ Did I get an odd ball? #9  
It’s a great model and should last forever. Don’t worry about being the odd ball. Instead of asking if you bought a different tractor you should post with a comment like "hey guys guess what an awesome tractor I just bought that you all wish you had" /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Did I get an odd ball?
Hey Guys
I didn't say I was unhappy with the tractor. I just could not understand why nobody else had mentioned that model. I know that the 2210 could have done everything I would want it to do. But my wife realy liked this one. Also after thinking about it. I am probly better off with it. It has larger tires that would be easyer to replace if I ever need to.
The one complaint I have though is that. It has more horsepower than weight. I have put water and antifreez in the tires. It did help some. I then put some suitcase weights on the front. I think I need to add some more though. It still picks the front up when I use the boom pole. I would like to add some wheel weights to it also.
TOOLS