tractors and Bucks ranting

/ tractors and Bucks ranting #11  
A local construction firm has their entire fleet of trucks, cranes, backhoes, everything painted that color except its a little brighter. Ugly! But when you drive by a job site there is no doubt who the contractor is (unless someone paints their equipment the same color and "infringes" on their trade dress /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif ).

/ tractors and Bucks ranting #12  
<font color=green>US Yanmars are puke green & black </font color=green>

More of a snot green in my opinion /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ tractors and Bucks ranting #13  
Franz,
Not all US Yanmars are the puke green color. If I remember right, the YM165(D) was the Yanmar Red. I saw a YM187D for sale locally which very definitely had the original RED paint. The early US Yanmars were green, but that changed at some point before Yanmar stopped building for the US market.

/ tractors and Bucks ranting #14  
That is a 1981 Yanmar, the color change came with 1982 models.
Rumor is that Early US Yanmars resulted from the mating of Terex machines, something like a dozer and a pan who fell in love and made a little tractor.

/ tractors and Bucks ranting #15  
Feels like we are in Alice and wonderland again. Seems to be happening more and more these days. Maybe someone ought to take the keys away and tell us we have had enough.

There was a state roads guy who used to buy JDs and paint them international red. I guess he just liked that color. Hope he is retired now.

what a strange world we live in

Chris

/ tractors and Bucks ranting
Will do! Cant get him to leave Aberdeen though. I think he has web feet and is afraid he would dry out and crack over here in the desert /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif