Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones #171  
Buckanddeere...I absolutely agree with the meter based switch. I believe it's made by gentran. In my state the electrical company needs to install that. Guess they figure since power has to be cut why not just do the job.....but they won't do it unless they have more than 50% participation within a neighborhood. This was told to me by my electrician brother in law and my utility. They won't just come and do one. That was my original plan and what I wanted to. Since I couldn't have the gentran I thought the next best thing was the interlock. I bet there are thousands of people out there that are so pissed they left out that one circuit from the transfer panel they need so badly when the power goes out.

Hhaha..co2. I can't keep up with auto correct

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones
I've been slowly acquiring parts for my L90 & L100 so I can remove the Chinese diesel engine from my silent generator and install a dependable engine that I can have faith in.
My L100 had a bad crank & rod; I bought a new Yanmar crankshaft on e-bay but I’m still looking for an OEM Yanmar connecting rod and OEM standard size pistons to complete these rebuilds.
If anyone has or knows where I can find them please post me.
I’d rather not call Yanmar due to pricing.
An update on my original post about my Chinese generator; It has not accumulated any time due to a power outage but I run it every 4~6 weeks with a 3~5 kW load. Oil filter still looks clean. It currently has about 55 hours on it.
Thanks
90cummins

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones #173  
90cummins..funny you lay out your plans..I too thought of tearing everything off and out of the block and rebuilding with oem yanmar parts. That is until I couldn't find parts..I only found a starter from yanmar so I gave up. I did however purchase everything to rebuild the engine from eBay seller epowerproductsparts. I got everything from a starter, rods, injector, pump, and gaskets from him. He gave me a good deal. I paid 370 for everything. I mean I got everything. Extra avr and regulator. Everything you could think of. To buy individually would have been north of 500. It isn't yanmar but at least it is there when I need it. We had a great marine repair shop that went out of business that was a yanmar dealer. My friend used to get everything from him for these 1 cylinders. Maybe you can try a local boat place. Even though they deal with bigger stuff they still have the pipeline to yanmar.

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones
Since this forum was started in March 2011 I have seen some very good information and discussions, however I think we may see more activity if the Thread was retitled from Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones to (Forum for Yanmar air cooled diesel engines and clones).
The title and search function may attract more hits.
Thank You
90cummins

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones #175  
Agreed...by the way I received all my replacement parts, but I noticed on Craigslist in MA that someone has an etq enclosed generator for sale. They want 400 for it. I think they said the gen side was giving trouble or maybe the motor...can't remember but it is very tempting..I just don't want to start a junkyard

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones #176  
Since this forum was started in March 2011 I have seen some very good information and discussions, however I think we may see more activity if the Thread was retitled from Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones to (Forum for Yanmar air cooled diesel engines and clones).
The title and search function may attract more hits.
Thank You
90cummins

This seems to be a very good idea:D

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones #177  
Just went out to excercise the generator. Starts right up but then drops rpm almost to a stall then picks back up to normal rpm for a sec then stalls out. Plenty of stabilized fuel in the tank. No time to get into it tonite so I wanted to see what anyone thinks could be the issue so I can check tomm morning. I have let it sit for maybe a week and a half or two weeks. So much for being dependable. At least the power didn't go out.

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones #178  
Last time she ran she went for an hour with a moderate load of 3kw on her...she sits covered in my garage. Never an issue until today. I just went back out and the air and fuel filter look good. The tank is half full. I have it treated with stabil. The fuel is prob 2-3 months old and same batch it's been running on. Starts fine..comes up to speed and slowly bogs down until it stalls out. Figures!!!!!

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones #180  
No mice...she starts perfect and comes right up to speed..then thru the course of 4-5 secs gradually bogs down till she stalls out. She will start right up repeatedly but always stalls..first time I have had an issue...exactly 10hrs on it. Oil has been done twice. I checked the oil screen to make sure it was not plugged with particles but it was spotless. I am thinking fuel. I doubt it is compression related.