Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones #21  
It looks to me that it could be a injector problem with the white smoke indicating incomplete burn like when a diesel is cold. If a injector is not spraying correctly it could be doing this. How about the fuel filter and flow from the tank is it a full flow? Just a few thoughts to ponder.

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones
Have you checked the engine speed using a multimeter which has a hertz function? Correct voltage is not an indication of correct speed.
My engine did not like over speeding.

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones #23  
I am going to use my killawatt meter this weekend and set the engine speed. I am also going to load the engine with a couple of electric heaters to see what happens to the smoke..and adjust the valves.

I have used my meter before and this generator must run at full throttle to get 60 hz.

This generator has never ran right from when it was brand new and the company who sells them has sent me a new injector, fuel pump, and fuel filter with housing....I installed all the new parts and it made no difference.

I am also sure that there is no problem with the fuel..I have drained it twice and even made sure it is full so that I know the fuel level is over the intake tube.

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones #24  
Has anyone ever found what the head bolt torque should be?
I'd like to retorque them on my 2 which are 6kW TotalPower brand, came from Pep Boys closeout.
I see in the poor service manual I found they should be retorqued after a few hours but they don't give the spec:(

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones
Skyco
The head torque for the L100 yanmar is 45lbft per manual.

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones #26  
Not much action on this subject since the last post! There must be a lot of people like myself who owns one of these chinese diesel generators with Yanmar clone engines. I have sofar found no new forum for us.
Perhaps under Related Equipment would be the right place?
Anyone talked to the moderator?
I bought a silenced generator with a clone engine a year ago in Spain and had it sent to our house on Mallorca. At first I had a lot of problems with heavy gray smoke. I sent it back to the supplier for repair and they told me nothing was wrong. So I had to pay for return freight! When I got it back the smoke was almost gone! They must have done something but didn't want to pay for the freight I think.
This authumn it stopped charging the battery so I dismanteled the cover and found a cut off wire at the alternator. There was a sharp edge with no padding. After fixing that I also adjusted the intake and exhaust valve head clearances. After that it has worked like a dream and has now more than a hundred hours :). We use it to supplement our solar panel system which is to small to support power for our washing machine and electric owen. It is also needed when I use the electric welder or other heavier tools.
I still do not know the reason for the heavy smoke at the start. :confused:

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones #27  
I for one would like to see you guys stay in this Yanmar forum. It is interesting to see the variety of equipment that Yanmar makes, and hear about these almost-Yanmar clones.

Google will bring anyone interested to here. Maybe nobody is posting about those because nobody has a problem they need to research? :thumbsup:

There must be a lot of the clones out there. When I search for Yanmar on craigslist (like ebay) I have to exclude 'Chinese' because there are sometimes as many small clone engines listed as there are farm tractors.

Are there also clones of the Yanmar sailboat engines?

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones #28  
I have had 2 different Yanmar engines on sail boats, and they are great. Some of the engine info here translates to the 3 cyl Yanmar marine engines as well. But again, there are horror stories about the Chinese clones made without license being shipped out. India is doing the same thing with some of the old Lister diesels, sand left in the castings, ect. Just my 2 cents.

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones #29  
There are quite a few posts under "diesel for generators"
A few guys with the Aurora chinese gen have posted and seem to be happy.
I plan on buying one soon and really would like any info that you guys post.
Thanks, Rob:confused:

/ Forum for air cooled diesel engines and clones #30  
That was a quick response to my question! :thumbsup:
If you want to have more information on how to service or rebuilt these engines you can find the Yanmar Service Manuals at http://dawinfo.com/ .:)
The manuals are very meticulous with tightening torques and more.
There are also Yanmar part numbers.