Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Yanmar F16D, Allis Chalmers B10, Allis Chalmers B12

Default F16D power steering

I have read a few post that referenced F16D tractors with power steering. I would like to get the part numbers for this kit or what you used if it was home built. Pictures would be much appreciated! I have discovered that the manual steering on this tractor is a serious weak point when a FEL is mounted. I have rebuilt it twice; once when the top of the screw broke off where the steering shaft pins on and then once right after I put a new one in and I was turn while at a stop with a full bucket. I think a good power steering unit would solve all of my problems.

I appreciate any help you can provide on this!

Brian

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Default Re: F16D power steering

Hoye sells this kit, no idea whether it would fit your F16D. POWER STEERING KIT - NEW!: Yanmar Tractor Parts

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by winston1 View Post
    Hoye sells this kit, no idea whether it would fit your F16D. POWER STEERING KIT - NEW!: Yanmar Tractor Parts
    "Select One:
    I Have No Loader I Have A Koyker Loader"

Am I missing something, or does that make NO sense?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Quote Originally Posted by normde2001 View Post
    "Select One:

Maybe Aaron will be along with the explanation cause I don't have it.

Gold Member
    Approved Advertiser

Tractor
    Yanmar

"Select One:

The power steering kits are built on the actual tractor. The manufacturer of the kit has Koyker loaders there on site and they know how the kit will fit with that brand loader (they both share some common bracket locations). They do not have any of the other 42,000 (+/- ) different brands of loaders there and they do not know how any of those loaders will interfere with the kit.

So we offer three options-
    1)- You plan to install with a Koyker loader and you will get all of the brackets ready to make the kit fit with your loader.
    2)- You tell us that you do not have a loader and you will get all of the brackets to bolt to your bare tractor frame. If you have a non-Koyker loader then you will be required to modify/fabricate the brackets to make it work with your loader.
    3)- You can get the generic kit which will have zero brackets or tie rod pieces ( just a cylinder, valve, and hoses).

We do this because walking a customer step by step through modifying a bracket to fit XYZ brand loaders is simply too difficult to do over the phone.

I have updated the listing to better explain this.
    Aaron
    Hoye Tractor Parts
    Contact Us
    (940)592-0181
    Yanmar Tractor Parts

Elite Member

Much better, as previously worded, "generic" was not an option.

Tractor

Thanks for the information guys! I'll have to save my pennies to buy it. It's a little more than I thought!

Tractor

I followed up on this, and the people I talked to did not feel that the power steering they have will fit an F16D. They didn't have one to measure it for, maybe? If I were to get the measurements that they need, could the fab one up? Rebuilding the steering is getting expensive!

I use the bucket the most, so a reliable steering system is of utmost importance. I've looked in my area (Central NY - Syracuse) for people who would do this fab work, but I've come up empty. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for either. The local JD dealers are absolutely useless, they won't even have a conversation about it. You'd think they'd want to try and sell some parts, at least.

Any help is appreciated!

Brian

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Your gonna have to find someone that's works and builds something . Either a business that's repairs all kinds of equiptment or a guy that's builds stuff like mud trucks as a hobby or something that's can fab.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, and now just one YM186D

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonfor View Post
    Your gonna have to find someone that's works and builds something .... or a guy that's builds stuff like mud trucks as a hobby or something
    I think that's the right answer. Find somebody who builds cars a a hobby, doesn't matter which specialty. Dirt-track racer, Jeeps, old hot rods, maybe snowmobile or motorcycle racer or something. Somebody who can look at what is, and can imagine what could be. Then he gets out the torch and arc welder and gets to work, probably without blueprints. Maybe start by asking in a jeep or motorcycle shop for the best fabricator in town. I think you will need to step outside the world of tractors for this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast