What are the "US" models

/ What are the "US" models #1  

marrt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1845 and 425
What are the \"US\" models

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I did not find the info when I search the archive. My question is: What are the Yanmar models that were imported by Yanmar into the US? I'm not talking about the conversion of grey market to US model numbers. I'm talking about "official" US models that the factory originally imported into the US and sold under the Yanmar name. And what was the last year such tractors were imported by Yanmar?

/ What are the "US" models #2  
Re: What are the \"US\" models

Here is a thread that has lists of US and gray models and years of manufacture. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=yanmar&Number=118580&page=28&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=>Yanmar model lists thread</A>

Chris

/ What are the "US" models #3  

I read somewhere that Yanmar's sales slowed down in the late eighties, and the last year that they sold tractors in the US was 1989
Pete

/ What are the "US" models #4  

Here is a PDF file of the same list. You can save it to your PC for future reference. If you right mouse-click on the "attachment" to the left, then select "save target as", you can save it to wherever to want to.
Jim

/ What are the "US" models #5  

I thought Deere didn't want them competing against the 50 and 55 series. If you look at a 750-850-950-1050 and are familiar with the yanmar you can tell without a doubt it was made by yanmar.

/ What are the "US" models #6  
Re: What are the

I don't see any US models on the posted lists, however they are 3 digit, as in YM195, YM226, YM240, YM240D, etc. I don't think there are actual conversions to/from US/ Japanese models, only similarities, some more similar than others.

/ What are the "US" models #7  
Re: What are the

3 digit Greys were YM177, YM273, etc.

Thanks,
Bruce

/ What are the "US" models

Thanks everyone for the info.

/ What are the "US" models #9  

Yanmar builds the JD. JD told them to keep out of the market over here, they were killing the green machines. I had two 336D's. One of the finest tractors that I have owned. The powershift trans with the four ranges made it both a good loader tractor and on the go shifting, without the hesitation that some others have. The multi-speed pto is something I miss too.

/ What are the "US" models #10  

What implements did you use with the multi speed pto? I was told that all us implements should only use the 540 setting. I do have a yanmar tiller. Is it capable of handling faster speeds? And if so, under what circumstance would I want to run it faster than 540? Just curious for my own knowledge.

Thanks.