Can someone identify this model Yanmar?

/ Can someone identify this model Yanmar? #1  

1StopJeff

It is a mid-90's Yanmar with a 39.5HP diesel.

I am trying to figure out what model it is but cant seem to find specs on it.

Yanmar.jpg

I am thinking about purchasing it so any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

/ Can someone identify this model Yanmar? #2  
The one in Lake County? He calls it 'Super Forty'.

I think its a Yanmar 'Forte', and I think that name is used across several sizes, so check the build plate on the engine before you believe it's 40 horsepower.

Ernie (Ernies.net) is the poster here who knows the later Yanmars. Hopefully he will see your question.

/ Can someone identify this model Yanmar? #3  
If it's a "Super Forte" model I would assume it's an FX model and at about 40 HP, the closest thing I ever heard of would be an FX42D. OR...I guess could be a FX335 actually since it's 39.5 engine HP..........?

/ Can someone identify this model Yanmar? #4  
This tractor looks like it came from Canada (green)= Handlers imports

It looks like an FX335, but its actually larger, plus the mud guards are to high on the dash, and the fins on the hood tell me that its not a 335, perhaps a 4 series.
I sold my FX335 to a member here on TBN, I missed it so much I just acquired another one ;) I guess I cant live without them.....

/ Can someone identify this model Yanmar?
So will it be hard to find parts for this tractor?

I looked at a Kubota L2800 today that was nice and quite a bit more money but everyone on here talks so highly of the Yanmars but I dont want to get something that I wont be able to service in the future.

Jeff

/ Can someone identify this model Yanmar? #6  
For a Kubota, ask your nearest Kubota dealer if he will support that model. Really. Kubotas are dealer-supported while Yanmars are owner-supported using mailorder parts.

Both are good tractors, but with very different support schemes.

And a comment specific to that model Kubota: ask the dealer if he can rebuild the steering box. While chasing parts from my Yanmar I found Hoye has everything I need, but I read (elsewhere) posts saying steering parts are no longer available anywhere for early-80's Kubota. I didn't research that, could be wrong, but I think it is a question worth asking of your dealer before you buy.

/ Can someone identify this model Yanmar? #7  
After searching I was starting to think this may be a F455D. I was wondering if the engine tag might have said 39.5 KW.. not HP which would be about 53.7 HP and maybe just right for the F455? Google Image Result for http://www.compact-tractors.com/images/455d.jpg

Then I ran across this and if the tractor is 39.5HP, it would more likely be one of these. Yanmar F395 Compact Tractor and notice that it says that these F395 and 415 models are actually Kukje tractors. I know some of the Kukje models used Yanmar engines and I think are nice tractors but good luck finding many parts. If it has a direct Branson or Century crossover you may be in better luck but who knows? I think Ernie is probably spot on ( he always is) about it being one of Handlers....that color is pretty unique but there are several other sellers in the U.S. who sell that same color refurbished Yanmar.... maybe they get them from Handlers??? I'll point out that the op's tractor also comes with the same Buhler/Allied loader that the Texas and N. Dakota dealer's F455,415 and 395 have.

I also searched the Yanmar the op posted and at $8500, I think the tractor is probably priced VERY reasonably...if it checks out. But then depending upon what it actually is, if you ever need hard parts................? I'm curious if the tractor actually says "Super Forte" on it, which means it's a Yanmar model and not a Kukje and if it does, then what model is it because if Ernie says he doesn't think it's a FX335, that's good enough for me.

On edit.. well, on the links to the tractors I posted I noticed that there was a hodgepodge of links and assumed the site "compact tractors. com" must be a means for a number of dealers to list their grey market tractor. I noticed the 395/415 dealer had a Texas phone number and the F455 pic gallery had a N. dakota number but the website states that all of their tractors are refurbished, repainted green and done so at a "Reconditioning Facility" in Abbotsford, BC....... Handlers Equipment's home town! 'Ol Ernie, You just can't get ahead of that guy!!!!

Last edited:
This is great info, thanks so much. I will update this thread once I look at it and figure out what it is.

Jeff

Again, thanks for the info. The more I read the less chance it seems that it will be an actual Yanmar tractor, looks like more of a chance of being a Kekje.

Jeff